new member, new bike in LA/OC

andrewinoc

HI guys, just finally registered after the prerequisite lurking for answers before buying. Actually traded a zx636 for a 2012 fz8. Fun bike, aware of it's limitations right away. Plans include either 1) lower it, drop some weight and see if girlfriend wants to keep it, 2) I keep it and mod the crap out of it or, 3) sell it for something she WILL ride.

F

Fazed

Lust make lowering links that will lower it by 30mm

Lust Racing Yamaha FZ8 FZ-8 Fazer Lowering Kit 2010 on | eBay

Not sure where you could drop weight? Loose the standard pipe for an aftermarket item would be about the only place.

I too was a little disappointed with the performance of the bike, as I was expecting it to be more litre bike like than it is, considering it is an 800cc. I have only done a few mods which are listed in my signature. It has transformed the bike and I haven't really spent much money. To get more I'll be looking at getting some sort of fuel controller. My quarter mile time was done with the only mod being the MIVV pipe. I'm sure that someone here who has one with these mods will be able to comment further.

Suspension wise I find the rear a little too soft and will be replacing the spring for a higher rate item, but I am a fat boy. The front could be better but is good enough, again a spring change here will probably work wonders. You can put an R1 front end on. Search the posts as a couple of ppl on here have done it.

Last edited by a moderator:

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Welcome from utah, I'm a cali native and spent time in bellflower and lakewood
Had to move outta there too many friggin people!