New member in Pittsburgh

Goldie.JamesT

Hey guys new member from Pittsburgh, Picking up my '8 on Wednesday. Its a black '11. So for anyone who has had it out for days at a time how is the comfort of the seat? I'm newer to motocycles in general so any tips on standard mods would be great!

Thanks All,

James

lothodon

Super Moderator
First, WELCOME and congrats!!!

Second, the seat...all i can say is remember that it is NOT a cruiser. It also makes a huge difference how much internal padding you have.

I'm too thin (IMO) and it's not a happy situation at about 80 miles.

H

Hoover

Welcome and congrats on your fine choice!

Best advice I can give you is spend a bunch of time going back over the last few months of posts on here to get the lowdown on most of the good and bad mods.

This is a new bike and consequently, all the info is new and fresh. We all have different ideas and enjoy sharing them.

This is a very friendly forum, full of new and experienced riders, you will not feel out of place.

With regards to seating...quite a contentuous item right now as several members have bought the Corbin, which is the only actual seat replacement available, and the quality has been piss-poor.

There are a few covers available, I have a set from France. I don't find it too uncomfortable and can go tank to tank fill no problem.

You will not be disappointed though. It is a great bike.

hypo

I think Corbin makes a good seat I like mine. I think Lothodon might have one for sale.

check the mods section for mods, and welcome to the forums!!!