new member had the bike

adirondacker

Sure wish I would have found this earlier. I am the proud owner of a fz8 I bought new in 2011, my mods are simple Leo Vince gp pro fender eliminator, and minie signals. Like everyone I'm looking for just a little more oomph and was thinking a k&n would do the trick so my question is with my Leo Vince and a k&n air filter would I need to run a tuner? Would it hurt anything if I didn't or would I just not reach the full potential? Sorry if you guys already covered it or I posted in the wrong spot I'm new to this forum thing and having a little trouble figuring it out.

tiki

Welcome from another adk'er . A lot of the guys here have done the k&n air filter on here so I'm sure someone will chime in. I was just going to install mine and leave everything else alone, I just purchased my air filter also. Its nice to know there's another rider in the area!

adirondacker

Surprised to see someone so close to home on here. I'm working out ta state right now I get home tomorrow and am hoping to see enough snow melted to get her out of the basement for a ride, also looks like I'll be ordering a filter, thanks for the quick responses.

tiki

Surprised to see someone so close to home on here. I'm working out ta state right now I get home tomorrow and am hoping to see enough snow melted to get her out of the basement for a ride, also looks like I'll be ordering a filter, thanks for the quick responses.

The air filter was on sale on amazon don't know if it still is. Got family in for Easter but let me know if you want to ride sometime after the holiday. I got out yesterday afternoon it was a little cold but most of the roads around here were clear.

Tiffy

Sure wish I would have found this earlier. I am the proud owner of a fz8 I bought new in 2011, my mods are simple Leo Vince gp pro fender eliminator, and minie signals. Like everyone I'm looking for just a little more oomph and was thinking a k&n would do the trick so my question is with my Leo Vince and a k&n air filter would I need to run a tuner? Would it hurt anything if I didn't or would I just not reach the full potential? Sorry if you guys already covered it or I posted in the wrong spot I'm new to this forum thing and having a little trouble figuring it out.

Hey fella welcome. I run a K&N with a Devil Red Spot racing carbon free flow can.....and no tuner, the fuel injection system quickly adapted and I'm loving it. I am sure I could get more out of running a power commander, but at the moment all is good enough. :)

adirondacker

Glad to hear the k&n is working out for you, i ordered mine should get it 0n tomorrow, last weekend I installed a puig wind screen and got out for my first ride this year, about 60 miles I had to ride through about 3 inches of snow to get across the lawn but im finnaly riding.:D

charris247

Schroon Lake is a great area. I had an uncle that had a house up there. Tons of twisties and you can't beat the scenery. Used to go Ice fishing in the winter, and boating in the summer. It a few hours away from where I am in Jersey but I should take a ride up there and see how it is with my bike.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
welcome! i also run a K&N with a cut Danmoto GP slip on. i dont recomend doing both at the same time, as the ecu has to make fuel air ratio adjustments. but it will all work out. because fuel injection is beautiful :) my other project is carbed and its a pain in the ass.

I want your exhaust by the way... I think that exhaust looks so good on these bikes. sexy welds...