New Member from the FZ1 forum

Dicko

Hi guys

Been a member over on the FZ1 sister site for a while & thought I'd join up over here as well. I have been upgrading my bike and have some front end parts up for sale over there which may interest a few of you guys here. forks brakes etc.

Looking forward to catching up with any of you who live in this great land of Oz, especially if your in the Adelaide region.

Catcha.

Jason

B

bren

Hi guys

Been a member over on the FZ1 sister site for a while & thought I'd join up over here as well. I have been upgrading my bike and have some front end parts up for sale over there which may interest a few of you guys here. forks brakes etc.

Looking forward to catching up with any of you who live in this great land of Oz, especially if your in the Adelaide region.

Catcha.

Jason

Hey mate- welcome aboard.

how much you looking for for the forks? what year are they?

Dicko

Hi Bren

I'm asking $300 for the forks, plus postage (were you in Sydney?).

Did you get your rear shock done? My Ohlins rear is on order, should be here in 4 - 5 weeks time. I can't wait.

Here's what I replaced my forks with

Lee_533

Hi Bren

I'm asking $300 for the forks, plus postage (were you in Sydney?).

Did you get your rear shock done? My Ohlins rear is on order, should be here in 4 - 5 weeks time. I can't wait.

Here's what I replaced my forks with

How much did those babies set you back? I really want some

Dicko

forks cost me 3400,
R1 brakes 180 off fleabay
5mm spacerrs ($20 for the ali rod and my time to machine them up)
front fender new 170
front axle new 105

plus will need new mirrors when I convert to the R1 master cylinder as no mirror mount is onthe R1 lever

also need new brake lines when converting to the R1 master cylinder (170-braided) as the banjo bolt is 65mm further in on the FZ compared to the R1 cylinder.

all up not a cheap exercise and I found a few glitches along the way which I wrote up on the FZ1 forum.

B

bren

im in campbelltown mate- southwest sydney.

Will speak with the ball and chain about the forks and let ya know.

are they black forks?

Dicko

yep black, I'll check postage when I get home & let you know. I have all the dimensions and weight written down from when I got a quote to send them state side.

They are clean except for the skuff marks where they were in the triple clamps, which is unavoidable and will be covered when installed.

C

Camo

Welcome aboard mate, I gotta do the R1 master cylinder exercise myself at some point this year.

Dicko

Guys in the UK seem to get away with using the stock lines, but that's not what we found on my 2010 FZ1N. But, it is a good excuse to upgrade to braided lines (need a 65mm extension on the cylinder line). If you are running a naked bike, you'll also need to buy a mirror mount and reservoir mount. I bought the Rizoma ones. Hope this helps.

C

Camo

Guys in the UK seem to get away with using the stock lines, but that's not what we found on my 2010 FZ1N. But, it is a good excuse to upgrade to braided lines (need a 65mm extension on the cylinder line). If you are running a naked bike, you'll also need to buy a mirror mount and reservoir mount. I bought the Rizoma ones. Hope this helps.

Yup got a naked but the stock lines get the job done, marginal fade after a good flogging but still good enough for my average riding skills.
My mechanic will give me a hand doing the job and he reckons he'll just fabricate mirror and reservoir mounts for rum and cokes, so we'll wait and see I guess.
Things may change slightly if I decide to run clipons too?

You happy with the gain so far?

Dicko

So far, still bedding in the brakes they are better but so far no huge difference, the forks are night & day. Being a little shorter, the turn in and change of direction is improved, and the Marchesini wheels also help with this too.

I'm still running the FZ master cylinder until the new brake lines arrive, but I've been told the braking will be even better when the R1 cylinder is installed due to the larger volume in the R1 cylinder over the FZ cylinder.

Dicko

Thanks for the welcome guys,

Sinclap, the rear shock will be available once I get the new one on. I'll let you know.

Cheers
Jason