New Member from Skåne, Sweden

aj700

Hi all,

been hiding behind the bushes so far and watching every one having the fun. finally today I decided to come out. Did the test ride today. just speechless.... its great machine compared to the bmw f800r which I drove with the trafikschool so far.
Will get mine tomorrow with Akrapovic and Öhlins susp, and led blikers etc etc. Öhlins was included in the package. Decided to go with Akra as its a weight loss there.
Its raining cats and dogs here at the moment, but expecting to get some sun before October ends so I can have a nice time before winter falls upon.
just ignore if I ask some foolish questions when it comes to maintenance, and I will.:D
c u guys around. :)

/Aj

Harrywz

Hi all,

been hiding behind the bushes so far and watching every one having the fun. finally today I decided to come out. Did the test ride today. just speechless.... its great machine compared to the bmw f800r which I drove with the trafikschool so far.
Will get mine tomorrow with Akrapovic and Öhlins susp, and led blikers etc etc. Öhlins was included in the package. Decided to go with Akra as its a weight loss there.
Its raining cats and dogs here at the moment, but expecting to get some sun before October ends so I can have a nice time before winter falls upon.
just ignore if I ask some foolish questions when it comes to maintenance, and I will.:D
c u guys around. :)

/Aj

Welcome to the forums. I take it that you are getting the FZ8 tomorrow, so congrats on your purchase.

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic
Congratulations and welcome. Let me guess, Öhlins suspension is not very just the rich over there. (jealous).

David3

Welcome! Did a test ride on the bmw too and liked the fz-8 a lot more!

And you got it with öhlins suspension from your dealer? Sounds great!

Looking forward to see some pictures... By the way: I will be in stockholm end of august / beginning of september - unfortunately without my 8.

Cheers

aj700

Welcome to the forums. I take it that you are getting the FZ8 tomorrow, so congrats on your purchase.

thank you Harry wz. Yes, I am getting it 2mrw.

Congratulations and welcome. Let me guess, Öhlins suspension is not very just the rich over there. (jealous).
thank you Motorick. sorry I didnt get what you meant. btw, I am not at all a rich guy. did a quite load of overtime for this. :)
I was just interested in Akrapovic for weight reduction and Black color for its look. But this particular unit was a yamaha special edition as the dealer mentioned. came with Öhlins ad the led blinkers and flyscreen installed to the dealer. So my addition here is just the exhaust.

Welcome! Did a test ride on the bmw too and liked the fz-8 a lot more!
And you got it with öhlins suspension from your dealer? Sounds great!
Looking forward to see some pictures... By the way: I will be in stockholm end of august / beginning of september - unfortunately without my 8.
Cheers
thanks David. They said yamaha delivered it with Öhlins installed. Probably they refered to the one in this link - FZ8-N ABS 2012 - Motorcyklar - Yamaha Motor Scandinavia (Sverige)
I drove that bmw for almost 20hrs with trafikschool. always felt a vibration while on motorways. thats why I started looking for alternative. But I don't see many yamaha fz8s around here. many prefer BMW here due to low insurance.

/Aj

V

Vapordan

thank you Motorick. sorry I didnt get what you meant. btw, I am not at all a rich guy. did a quite load of overtime for this. :)
I was just interested in Akrapovic for weight reduction and Black color for its look. But this particular unit was a yamaha special edition as the dealer mentioned. came with Öhlins ad the led blinkers and flyscreen installed to the dealer. So my addition here is just the exhaust.

thanks David. They said yamaha delivered it with Öhlins installed. Probably they refered to the one in this link - FZ8-N ABS 2012 - Motorcyklar - Yamaha Motor Scandinavia (Sverige)
I drove that bmw for almost 20hrs with trafikschool. always felt a vibration while on motorways. thats why I started looking for alternative. But I don't see many yamaha fz8s around here. many prefer BMW here due to low insurance.

/Aj

I believe the Ohlins comes stock with the FZ8 R-line launched in France only, here. If this is outside of France, it means the release is expanding. Yay?!?

MotoRick

Motorcycle Fanatic

I really mangled that sentence, didn't I? I must have been really sleepy. Since Ohlins is local for you, I thought maybe you guys can get it for less than what we can.

Paralgin

Avid Rider
AJ, do you mind checking how much the Öhlins suspension costs at your dealer?
Live in Norway so its not that far to get one if its much cheaper.

aj700

I believe the Ohlins comes stock with the FZ8 R-line launched in France only, here. If this is outside of France, it means the release is expanding. Yay?!?

I think its called SP edition where Öhlins is standard. this is another shop in nearby place. they also have this specific edition. YAMAHA CENTER HELSINGBORG - ad_se . translate.google.com can be your friend here. :)

I really mangled that sentence, didn't I? I must have been really sleepy. Since Ohlins is local for you, I thought maybe you guys can get it for less than what we can.
after all we are separated by a ocean in between, so comm error is expected. :D . btw, I admit till the time I went into the shop to buy it I didnt knew much abt it. Now I see that every one likes it. But I dont think it will cheap here because its local. in Scandinavia you pay more for everything. you can $ x10 for getting Swedish prices most of time. Some time my eyes just pop out when I compare with US prices. I will check the price and let you know.

Paralgin and David3... I will be going to dealer probably today or 2mrw, so then I will check it and come back with price.

/Aj

Paralgin

Avid Rider
I think its called SP edition where Öhlins is standard. this is another shop in nearby place. they also have this specific edition. YAMAHA CENTER HELSINGBORG - ad_se . translate.google.com can be your friend here. :)

after all we are separated by a ocean in between, so comm error is expected. :D . btw, I admit till the time I went into the shop to buy it I didnt knew much abt it. Now I see that every one likes it. But I dont think it will cheap here because its local. in Scandinavia you pay more for everything. you can $ x10 for getting Swedish prices most of time. Some time my eyes just pop out when I compare with US prices. I will check the price and let you know.

Paralgin and David3... I will be going to dealer probably today or 2mrw, so then I will check it and come back with price.

/Aj

Thanks alot AJ. =)

You dont need an ocean in between to make things cheaper or more expensive. Take Norway/Sweden, almost everything is is cheaper in Sweden compared to Norway. Its taxes on everything that just make all the things i want more expensive. When it comes to the US, its even cheaper. But the costs of shipping and taxes when shopping to much, it actually will cost more then buying it in Norway.

aj700

You dont need an ocean in between to make things cheaper or more expensive. Take Norway/Sweden, almost everything is is cheaper in Sweden compared to Norway. Its taxes on everything that just make all the things i want more expensive. When it comes to the US, its even cheaper. But the costs of shipping and taxes when shopping to much, it actually will cost more then buying it in Norway.

I checked the price today with Lillemansmc@Lund. 12.5K SEK is what I was told the price for Ohlins's suspension. :eek:. I believe it includes the labour charge too. Check with triumph webpage where you can build your bike. I see a 10K extra for street triple with Öhlins compared to without one. I checked other online stores too. prices are quite close.
/Aj

Paralgin

Avid Rider
I checked the price today with Lillemansmc@Lund. 12.5K SEK is what I was told the price for Ohlins's suspension. :eek:. I believe it includes the labour charge too. Check with triumph webpage where you can build your bike. I see a 10K extra for street triple with Öhlins compared to without one. I checked other online stores too. prices are quite close.
/Aj

Ohh, that was alot. if its include labour i dont know if its high or low. I know that it costs around 5.5k NOK here.
So i just have to wait to my warranty goes out in 4 years and put it in then. dont want to pay ppl to do it. '
But thanks anyway. :)