New member from Italy!

tomcat84

Hi everyone,I'm an Italian biker,I live in Tuscany and have a fz8 2012 Abs midnight black colour.I want to congratulate you for this wonderful forum,the largest and most comprehensive for our fz8,IMHO.:)I follow a lot of different threads but I don't write because of my bad english.:(
My bike has the following mods:

Sport kit yamaha (Led direction indicators, aluminum license plate support)
Akrapovic Exhaust (only muffle, not manifold)
Seat covering anti-slip
Side panels radiator from Fz1
Rear-shock absorber from Fz1
Rearview mirrors
Golden end-bars

Next mods:
Aftermarket fork kit
Catalyst removal from the exhaust manifold
Aftermarket ECU control-unit
Aftermarket sport air filter
Conical handlebar
Adjustable brake and clutch levers

And I think that is enough.:D
This is my bike:

In this photo I have Akrapovic titanium muffler,now changed with a carbon-fiber akrapovic muffler that matches better than titanium on my bike!:cool:

Sorry for the grammar mistakes.I accept comments and advice!:eek:

Last edited:

[]V[]addog

welcome! and nice bike, very tasteful mods!
did your bike come with the gold wheels? i thought only the white ones did. I would love to have gold wheels on my black fazer. I bet it is harder to keep clean though! ha ha
also, i like the gold bar ends for a little extra. where did you get them!

PS: your english is not bad at all!
cheers

tomcat84

thank you!In the 2012 abs model,the black version had gold wheels like the classic white and you're right, they are more difficult to clean:(.the gold bar ends I bought on ebay,They are "evotech",an Italian brand;)

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Welcome! Great English! I'm on some forums in other languages, it's tough.

We are pretty laid back so I can't imagine anyone trying to correct your grammar...

Love the pics! Your 8 looks great!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk 2

tomcat84

Very thanks.I confess that I'm helping with google translator :eek:but only in a few difficult words:p.I think to have a good base of english,luckily.I'm happy you like my bike,i will ask you some advice soon to personalize it,certainly:)

[]V[]addog

i wonder how much the gold rims would cost me from the dealership, probably like a grand. I was really thinking of the whole black and gold theme on my fazer, this has given me some ideas of what it would look like.

Shinny side up!

Trooper

ciao amico mio !! Benvenuto !!

Your english is fine, non ti preoccupare !! I speak a little Italian as my wife is from Abruzzo but only because she screams at me in Italian when she is upset, so I know how to swear very well in your language.:D

You have a great looking bike !! Good work !!

tomcat84

i wonder how much the gold rims would cost me from the dealership, probably like a grand. I was really thinking of the whole black and gold theme on my fazer, this has given me some ideas of what it would look like.

Shinny side up!
I think that wheels are much expensive in dealership:(

ciao amico mio !! Benvenuto !!

Your english is fine, non ti preoccupare !! I speak a little Italian as my wife is from Abruzzo but only because she screams at me in Italian when she is upset, so I know how to swear very well in your language.:D

You have a great looking bike !! Good work !!
Ahahaha as every women also italian women scream very much at we men:eek:,i hope that she cook like a very "Abruzzese" woman,you can be very happy for this:D.

Trooper

Ahahaha as every women also italian women scream very much at we men:eek:,i hope that she cook like a very "Abruzzese" woman,you can be very happy for this:D.

Well, I am much heavier now than I was when I got married, so her cooking may be a little too good. :D

decooney

Hello Tomcat84,
Nice bike. It's great to see someone from Italy with an FZ8, adding your modifications and styling to it. With all the great manufacturers and Italian bikes in Italy, I wonder some times what the Italians think of styling of the Japanese bikes. I ride a Beta 450 from Italy for dirt riding. Its a wonderful motorcycle on single track dirt trails. I was seriously considering a Ducati or Aprilia for my next street fighter and changed to the Yamaha FZ8. Did you consider any of the Italian bikes before you bought the FZ8? What was it about the FZ8 that captured your interest over others?

tomcat84

Hello Tomcat84,
Nice bike. It's great to see someone from Italy with an FZ8, adding your modifications and styling to it. With all the great manufacturers and Italian bikes in Italy, I wonder some times what the Italians think of styling of the Japanese bikes. I ride a Beta 450 from Italy for dirt riding. Its a wonderful motorcycle on single track dirt trails. I was seriously considering a Ducati or Aprilia for my next street fighter and changed to the Yamaha FZ8. Did you consider any of the Italian bikes before you bought the FZ8? What was it about the FZ8 that captured your interest over others?

Hi,thank you.I've chosen an Fz8 because i haven't many riding experience yet and it's a very friendly,solid and reliable bike and has a great look,too.Before bought it i've considered also Aprilia Shiver,very good and valid bike.Aprilia,ducati,Mv agusta,Benelli,etc. are very great bikes but often with an hard disposition into driving and usaually they require many care and maintenance,probably i'm not ready yet for this.Aprilia Tuono V4 and Ducati streetfighter 848/1098 are very super-bikes,dreams for me:eek:.I hope you can buy one of these;).However my next bike could be an Mv agusta Brutale B3 800,wonderful compact,brutal bike.Have you ever seen or ride it?:)

decooney

Tomcat84,

Yes, absolutely. The MV Agusta bikes are my all time favorite. In fact, the first time I laid my eyes on the 2012 Yamaha FZ8 in Gray, it immediately reminded me of an MV Agusta for some reason. If I ever purchase an exotic road bike some day, it will likely be an MV Agusta. I really like this photo of the MV Brutale 800. The bike exudes a sense of mechanical art, speed, and styling like no other. Some day I hope to go to Italy and visit the Beta factory and a few of the motorcycle factories there including MV Agusta.