New Lid

9 Lives

I have been looking for a good helmet for a while now, ultimately I wanted the Shoei air and was saving up for it. Today I went around looking at helmets and found this steal of a deal, its a bell star viper for $170 including taxes.

HenryT

How's it feel? You liking it? Is that Snell rated?

What's that black plastic thingy on the side?

9 Lives

It feels awesome, about a %1000 better than my old GMax POS. I was very lucky that it was my size, normally when they put helmets on this much of a sale its XXXS or XXXL. It's DOT and SNELL M2005 rated.

The black thing on the side is a SENA SMH 10 Comm system.

Last edited:

BigOleChalupa

It feels awesome, about a %1000 better than my old GMax POS. I was very lucky that it was my size, normally when they put helmets on this much of a sale its XXXS or XXXL. It's DOT and SNELL M2005 rated.

The black thing on the side is a SENA SMH 10 Comm system.

Sweeet.....then you got one hell of a deal! :)

HenryT

My first and only Bell helmet. State of the art at the time.

F3NIX

Im curious about road/wind noise. I have a bell evo revolver and its got alot of wind noise. Its a modular helmet and I think thats whats causing all the noise. Too bad I paid 200 a few weeks ago.

Sent from my phone

9 Lives

Im curious about road/wind noise. I have a bell evo revolver and its got alot of wind noise. Its a modular helmet and I think thats whats causing all the noise. Too bad I paid 200 a few weeks ago.

Sent from my phone

Its better than my old helmet but that's not saying much. Its not bad but I am sure there are better helmets out there for wind noise. I wear ear plugs so the wind noise isn't a big concern for me. The price is what sold me on the helmet, if I were to spend in the $650 range I would have bought the Shoei GT Air.