New in North Vancouver, BC

blues hurler

Greetings! I've only been here a couple of months, and had my '13 Fazer 8 the same amount of time. I bought the 13 because I like adjustable suspension, and the Fazer because I do some touring.

So far I've got heated grips, GPS, and a top box installed, and a shiny new Yoshi R77 in the box awaiting installation.

I've ridden quite a few different bikes, in part because I am a contributing writer/photog to one of the Canadian national bike mags, but also because I just love bikes. I like the combination of relatively light weight, power, and protection from the elements that the Fazer 8 provides. I think the Yammy 8's are one of the best buys available (notwithstanding the fabulous new 9er).

Thanks to the mods and contributors for making this a very fine forum. Hope to see some of y'all on the road.

David

TorontoAlex

I'm in Whitby and we've been pretty reliable. I'm happy I'm not in the city. I miss riding in Vancouver! Kerrisdale to North Van up the mountain right before I hit the snow line. So nice!

Bill

Just got a 2013 fz8 as well , naked , wondering about how you like the exhaust , thinking of the same , listen to some on YouTube , obviously some of the sound from some of the smart phones don't do them justice , anyway like your feed back on the sound , to loud , not loud enough for your taste, let me know thanks
Bill

naked_1_FZ8

Just got a 2013 fz8 as well , naked , wondering about how you like the exhaust , thinking of the same , listen to some on YouTube , obviously some of the sound from some of the smart phones don't do them justice , anyway like your feed back on the sound , to loud , not loud enough for your taste, let me know thanks
Bill

I got my Yoshi R-77d from Bayside Performance in Vancouver just off of Marine and Fraser St. Not too loud like a 2 brothers. I've heard a 2 bros. and a Leo Vince . My choice out of those three would be R77d the best, Leo Vince second best and then 2 bros.

blues hurler

I got my Yoshi R-77d from Bayside Performance in Vancouver just off of Marine and Fraser St. Not too loud like a 2 brothers. I've heard a 2 bros. and a Leo Vince . My choice out of those three would be R77d the best, Leo Vince second best and then 2 bros.

I just installed a Yosh R-77 on New Year's day and took the bike for an hour run-in. That factory pipe is both too quiet and too heavy. I'm a big fan of Yoshi pipes. The workmanship and quality can't be beat and they're not the most expensive out there. With the baffle insert you can tune the sound and where you want the extra power: mid-range or top-end. I inserted the baffle on this bike because I wanted more mid-range and didn't want to piss off the neighbours. I think it sounds great. Just loud enough without being annoying. My motor is still green, so we'll see how it goes once I get 1k on it. I'm at 500km now.

I should add that I bought the stainless with carbon tip. I'd wanted the full carbon, but was reading about issues with longevity. My last one was stainless and still looked new after 3 years.

Ripemup

Welcome, although you've been on the forum longer than me now! :D

I bought my '13 FZ8-N from a young fellow in Alberta and he already had the R77d carbon on it...too loud for me so I swapped it back for the oem. If the 77d had a silencer I think it would have been alright, but I'm all about the stealth sound. I do wish I could shed those oem pounds though.

Any ways, I'm in Burnaby and a member of BC sportbikes forum and the meetup groups. Almost always up for a good ride!

Cheers
Dave