New FZ8 Member

j x d

Hey guys how's it going.

Just upgraded to a '12 FZ8 yesterday from an SV650S (first bike).

Definitely a change of bike, loving every second I've spent on it already.

Looking forward to lurking around more on here

Attachments

• IMG_2177.jpg
    IMG_2177.jpg
    201.1 KB · Views: 103
  • IMG_2192.jpg
    IMG_2192.jpg
    150.7 KB · Views: 89

Cyclone85

Hey guys how's it going.

The FZ8 -- a very underrated bike. Great mid-range power with good looks to boot. I still think it's one of the better looking cycles out there. Obviously, personal opinion, but it's a better looking bike than the FZ09 and the XSR900 which proceed it.

Stay safe!

Sent from my LG-V521 using Tapatalk

jerek.see

Hey guys how's it going.

Welcome and have fun......

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

j x d

The FZ8 -- a very underrated bike. Great mid-range power with good looks to boot. I still think it's one of the better looking cycles out there. Obviously, personal opinion, but it's a better looking bike than the FZ09 and the XSR900 which proceed it.

Stay safe!

Most definitely. I personally hate the front end on the fz10 and 09, the Megatron style headlight on the 8 is way too killer. First time I hit 8k rpm on my fz it opened a whole new world of power to me, definitely intoxicating but will stay safe!

Cyclone85

I'm a big fan of Yamaha -- they make a high quality machine in my opinion and I really enjoyed my time with the FZ8. (I had mine for 5 trouble-free years). They've been making race grade motorcycles for decades. But as you indicated -- the FZ-09 and FZ-10 definitely have some weird styling (IMO). Personal preference obviously, but I just can't get by the styling despite the great price to performance ratio. I think the FZ8 looks a lot better. Styling and looks aren't everything of course, but it does enter into my buying decisions.

On a separate note -- I noticed that you're from SoCal. I spent a couple of summers *WAY* way back in the day and loved every second of it. I spent some time in San Diego for a couple of summers and it was awesome. I never wanted to leave!

j x d

Socal is definitely awesome - weather is almost perfect year round for riding. Only shitty thing about riding here is the traffic, but other than that it's definitely a great place to be riding

rug_burn

Welcome- I'm here in SoCal as well, Brea, to be exact.
I find FZ8's a great bike for everyday riding and splitting those lanes on congested rush hour freeways here. The linear, non-peaky power band of the FZ8 comes in handy when doing that, and when you're in way deep, leaned over in a canyon corner and you want just a little more power. You don't want surprises at those moments.
It's a little short on cushy comfort for rides over an hour, you'll find...