New FZ8 in Mexico/San Diego/AZ

SeñorJack

El Guapo
What up! Been checking this site for a while. Great stuff. This is my first bike that isn't an old piece of crap (currently on a 92kawi kz1000) so I am pumped. no more wearing two pairs of pants to gaurd from oil splashing on my pants.

I am looking for some of the usual mods right out of the box. Mostly a slip on exhaust. I will scour the site, but if anyone has any strong suggestions I am all ears.

And if you are near mexicali, san diego, or yuma az... lets ride! Its just me the lone ranger crossing the border everyday. Need to find a crew of riders down here. peace

F

Fazed

Welcome to the forum. There is heaps of posts here about the mods you can do. My strong suggestion is an aftermarket pipe. Going from my uncalibrated butt dyno, it seems to smooth out the power dip ever so slightly.

I too came from an air coolled Kawa (a 99 ZR-7) and the reason I traded was because I too was getting oil on my legs. It just wasn't worth the cost to get it fixed. Maybe.......

SeñorJack

El Guapo
wow man those double guns look pretty sexy... do you dig those things? I was checking out danmotos (as the downpayment on the 8 is all my savings right now) but I am skeptical. china scares me. but those mivv pipes look beastie.

C

Camo

Welcome, mirrors and tail tidy are the first week mods to accomplish.

F

Fazed

wow man those double guns look pretty sexy... do you dig those things? I was checking out danmotos (as the downpayment on the 8 is all my savings right now) but I am skeptical. china scares me. but those mivv pipes look beastie.

The Danmoto's have been getting good reviews from others on this forum.

I do love my double guns :D They are quite loud and I don't think they are overly expensive. Check out PJ's parts. I wouldn't put them on if the coppers in your area have a reputation for pulling ppl over with loud pipes. If you want to get a feel for how loud they are, take your standard pipe off and then run the engine. The double gun maybe queiter by half a decibel :)

SeñorJack

El Guapo
Thanks camo- I really dig the rizoma indicators, but I am getting the impression that they are about $50 usd per indicator, so I may check out some other options I have seen on the forums.

and fazed- I live in mexico and commute to the usa everyday so pipe volume isnt an issue in mex. and not so much on the us side either. that being said- I am ready to see what kinda noise this bike delivers :)

F

Fazed

I live in mexico and commute to the usa everyday so pipe volume isnt an issue in mex. and not so much on the us side either. that being said- I am ready to see what kinda noise this bike delivers :)

Wow, not many ppl can say they live in one country and work in another......unless you're Donald Trump.

SeñorJack

El Guapo
haha ya it sure is interesting. I save about 2-5 hours of waiting everyday by being on my motorcycle :D

It gets to be real hot here ithe summer (127f is the hottest 115-120 is common) so I hope she stays cool