New FZ8 Central PA - State College

DHeiss618

Hey guys, my name is Derek. I just bought my new 2012 FZ8 2 weeks ago. Already had my first service done, and am sitting at about 800 miles already. Past bikes were 2010 Yamaha R1, 2008 Yamaha R6, 2008 WR250X, 2006 GSXR600. Besides the sound of the R1, there isn't much I miss from any of those bikes.

If anyone in the Central PA area wants to ride, hit me up! Quite a few friends that are into hitting the twisty's up.

So far I have made my own custom fender eliminator for the rear with LED turn signals. Today I ordered a new Yosh R77D slip-on.

Future Mods:

7/8 to 1 1/8 Bar adapters
Driven 1 1/8 Bars (Gold)
Bar End Mirrors
Race Filter
PC5
Yamaha Factory Windscreen.

Here's the bike with my friends GSXR750 from this past weekend.

Old R1

Old R6

DHeiss618

State College is where I live. I have a few friends from around this area. Altoona, Johnstown, Pittsburgh..

Tons of fun roads and great places to eat.

07cobaltLScoupe

nice man, I picked up my 2012 new in February and have just over 800 miles on it myself. oh and I graduated from PSU and was out State College for 2.5 years, i've been back in Easton PA since I graduated though

master paper clip

State College is where I live. I have a few friends from around this area. Altoona, Johnstown, Pittsburgh..

Tons of fun roads and great places to eat.

Man I remember my last trip to Pittsburgh, I didn't feel like paying the tolls so I took a mountain highway, and got stuck on top in a white out... But I got primanti brothers in the end so it was worth it, ur only like 5 hrs from me that's not horrible

DHeiss618

I will probably end up going down to Karns Performance to get the FZ8 tuned on the dyno before too long. Maybe we can all meet up out that way. Seems like a middle point for all 3 of us.

DHeiss618

I'm down, just give me a date hopefully my buddy can get free to join... 3hrs there is no prob for me, just need a little break

It's all going to depend on when I get all the parts for the bike.

I want to punch out the cat, get and air filter, smog block off plates, and the power commander first.

I'll keep you posted when it all falls into place.

cxa0897

welcome. I spent a year at PSU, there are definitely some nice roads out there. 322 is a little ride from there, but is one of my favorite roads of all time