New from SC

cray90

Hey guys, I've been looking into buying an FZ8 for a few weeks now and am actually planning on purchasing one later today. I test rode it earlier this week and everything seemed fine. Bike is a 2012 with a little over 2k miles.

I'm coming over to an FZ8 after being on a Honda Shadow 750 for a little over a year. This will be my second bike, but I have ridden a gsxr-600 and a built sportster 1200 so I do know you have to respect the power. Anyways, I'm a bigger guy for a sportbike 6'2 230lbs. I have tested an FZ 09 and really liked the handlebars being taller and a bit farther back and also the pegs seemed a bit more comfortable than an FZ8. Are these parts interchangable between the two bikes? I know companies sell bar risers, but I have not been able to find any 2" risers (I do know I'd need to extend the brake lines, possibly more).

I also know I will probably want to upgrade at least the rear shock since I hear the suspension is very soft.

Just looking for a way to make the bike a bit more comfortable to me. I think the main thing is getting used to the new riding position since I was used to a cruiser.

Sorry for the long winded first post. Thanks for any help and I'll be sure to post a pic after I hopefully purchase it!

Triple6

I may also look at different bars--not sure if the fz9 ones will fit.
but congrats on the ride, that is low miles!