New Bike and New Member from Oregon

AlCab

Hey everyone. New guy here. I just bought a brand new, left over 2011 FZ8 with 0 miles on it from Pro Caliber Motorsports in Longview, WA. I think I got a great deal on it - $6999 out the door + DMV costs. No sales tax since I live in Oregon, and I got them to waive the freight and set up. The only additional costs are the DMV costs - title, registration, and tags. I pick it up Saturday, can't wait!

I know that the 2013's have fully adjustable suspension but for my weight (165) and riding style (conservative), I think the stock suspension will be just fine.

Anyway, already planning some of the usual mods such as slip on exhaust, tail tidy, bar end mirrors, frame sliders, tank pad, etc.

Below are some pics. I figured some of you guys probably forgot what the bike looks like stock so here ya go!

Looking forward to being an active member of this fine forum!

Al

EugeneORFZ8

I bought the same 2011 FZ8 from Matt at Pro-Caliber in Vancouver in May. Same great deal.

Where do you live in Oregon? I'm in Eugene area. Let me know if you want to get together and ride.

H

Hoover

Winner winner chicken dinner.
You will love it. Now start hackiing bits off it

AlCab

Thanks!

Greetings and welcome. Congrats on the new machine! They are freakin fantastic bikes. I can't stay off mine. :rockon:
l
Thanks! Looking forward to getting to know this beast!

:welcome: you got the best color ;)
Definitely! I was looking at a 2012 as well but prefer the all black to the gray/black.

:welcome: and congrats
Thanks!

Welcome!!

I bought the same 2011 FZ8 from Matt at Pro-Caliber in Vancouver in May. Same great deal.

Where do you live in Oregon? I'm in Eugene area. Let me know if you want to get together and ride.
I'm in the Portland area. Yeah, that would be cool!.

Winner winner chicken dinner.
You will love it. Now start hackiing bits off it
Will do!

TallGuyNW

Congrats, and welcome to the family. I got my fz8 almost 2 months ago and have been loving every minute on it (except for one close call earlier this week). I'm just up the road from you, in Beaverton, so I may finally see an fz8 other than mine!

D

DJK1505

congrats man!!! good deal and the bike is well worth it.

Mod your air box,

http://www.779cc.org/forum/fz8-mods/716-airbox-mod-pics-anyone.html

a link to the thread and pics.

Mod your throttle:

Quick Turn Throttle Mod with PVC : KawiForums.com Kawasaki Forums: Kawasaki motorcycle forums

an awesome mod

If you cut your exhaust down you could possibly do your sub throttle flies, but those other two cost about $3.95 to do, and they are def nice mods to have. No need at this point to worry about your fueling tune. Stock ECM can handle those.

After that you start running out of cheap or free mods. You can do the headlight mod, cut down the rear fender, and a few other things, but those two you will like A LOT, and can have them done in a sat afternoon for less than 10 bucks.
DJ

Last edited:
F

Fazed

I know that the 2013's have fully adjustable suspension but for my weight (165) and riding style (conservative), I think the stock suspension will be just fine.

I think you will find the stock suspension more than enough. Welcome to the forum :)

RnR

Looks great Al. I'm new to the FZ8 and loving it. The only thing I want to mod is the tail and signal lights. I was worried about vibration as a Fazer8 I test drove was bad buzzy. But mine is smooth. There's only typical inline-4 vibes through the upper rev range. Nothing that bugs me so far. The bike has great character, you're going to be having some fun. :woot:

AlCab

Picked up the 8 today and took the long way home. 97 miles of two lane country road bliss. LOVE the bike! The buying process is another story and deserves its own post. For starters, they sent me on my way with 10 psi in the front and 20 in the rear. THANK GOD I decided to check the air pressure at the first gas station I came to. I could literally push in the front tire with my thumbs.

RnR

Picked up the 8 today and took the long way home. 97 miles of two lane country road bliss. LOVE the bike! The buying process is another story and deserves its own post. For starters, they sent me on my way with 10 psi in the front and 20 in the rear. THANK GOD I decided to check the air pressure at the first gas station I came to. I could literally push in the front tire with my thumbs.

Yikes! I know the feeling. Picked up a ST4s once that had differing settings across each fork tube. No preload in the rear. And 22 psi front and rear. I didn't notice until my first corner. Pushed through the turn like a dump truck. Lucky I was taking it easy. Glad to hear you caught it before having a real bad experience.