New Berkshire/Surrey member (uk)

BigD

Evening all.

New to the whole motorcycle scene as just purchased myself a nice used 2010 FZ8 with added extras. 2100 miles on the clock and not a bad price (even haggled a bit more off :fiddy: ) collection is tues/wed after its been through the MOT and workshop final check up. CAN'T WAIT! :D

So anyway, just wanted to say hi, and if there are any novice riders out there or pros that like a slow and leisurely ride sometime...id like to get into the meet/greet scene and get some miles in.

Cheers all.
Dan

Last edited:

MotoZen

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase! Send me a pm if you want me to add you to the forum map.

Sent from my other favorite addiction (Galaxy S3) using Tapatalk.

olehound

Hi everybody

Returning to the bike after a break,it's a 2013 with mods but only 400 miles pretty lame lol would be interested in a some ride outs around Surrey uk

Cheers

Chris

BigD

Hi everybody

Returning to the bike after a break,it's a 2013 with mods but only 400 miles pretty lame lol would be interested in a some ride outs around Surrey uk

Cheers

Chris

Hey olehound

I'm new to this and at 28 its taken me far too long to pull my finger out and get a bike but never the less... i pick mine up this week :)
Im in Sandhurst area when not living at work in Sunningdale.

Dan

olehound

Hi Dan

I'm a bit older than you at 42(old sod) been riding off road for a long time but swapped to the road a few years back. I'm in woking so not far, hope the weather holds for you when you pick the bike up, got mine from Infinity in Farnborough they are pretty good there for gear as well. Let us know how it goes

Cheers

Chris

BigD

Hi Dan

I'm a bit older than you at 42(old sod) been riding off road for a long time but swapped to the road a few years back. I'm in woking so not far, hope the weather holds for you when you pick the bike up, got mine from Infinity in Farnborough they are pretty good there for gear as well. Let us know how it goes

Cheers

Chris

A bit older indeed :)
Woking not far at all and I too purchased mine from 'The motorbike shop'/Infinity. top lads in there and seems to have good rep what with all the regulars that visit. Always bikes turning up which is great to see.

cheers

Dan

FZ82011

Hello All and hello Dan,

Had my FZ8 since last october but unlike you guys picking them up quite cloes my first ride was 308miles back from Newcastle lol off a private seller but love this bike to bits. Spent quite a bit of money on it already and got more plans for it. One thing I love is that you never or very rarely see another FZ8 when you go to meets. Always the odd FZ1 but ours are rarer therefor alot better HA!

Anyway Im James(26) located near Tolworth in Surrey so anyone that goes Boxhill or Newlands Corner will probably see me at some stage, I'll post some pics up of my bike and the things I've done when I get the chance.

Cheers James

BigD

Hello All and hello Dan,

Had my FZ8 since last october but unlike you guys picking them up quite cloes my first ride was 308miles back from Newcastle lol off a private seller but love this bike to bits. Spent quite a bit of money on it already and got more plans for it. One thing I love is that you never or very rarely see another FZ8 when you go to meets. Always the odd FZ1 but ours are rarer therefor alot better HA!

Anyway Im James(26) located near Tolworth in Surrey so anyone that goes Boxhill or Newlands Corner will probably see me at some stage, I'll post some pics up of my bike and the things I've done when I get the chance.

Cheers James

Hey James, its true, I am yet to see one so far...I was at Loomies Cafe the other night and didnt see one there either ;)
Loads of sports bikes and fewer unfaired..Loving my FZ8!

You going to the RBL Ride of respect 1st June?

FZ82011

Hey James, its true, I am yet to see one so far...I was at Loomies Cafe the other night and didnt see one there either ;)
Loads of sports bikes and fewer unfaired..Loving my FZ8!

You going to the RBL Ride of respect 1st June?

I've seen this advertised as some of my family are members of the RBL however it is about 80ish miles from me and without anyone to travel there with I would say I very much doubt I'll be attending. Have you been to it before?