Need some help, advise please! Fault code er01

Koxos87

Hi guys, I've been riding home from work when the ER-01 fault code came up. The temperature was showing high or low, the rev-counter was keep on switching off. Speedo goes back to zero while traveling. I've made a short video from it. Please have a look this video on youtube

9 Lives

ER-1 - ECU internal malfunction (output signal error), since the bike is still running its not a complete ECU failure. Check the connection to the display and check the connection to the ECU. If they are fully connected, take them off and have a look at all the pins, look for any signs of a bad connection like corrosion on any of the pins. If everything is good with the connections, it could be a bad wire or the ECU itself.

Koxos87

ER-1 - ECU internal malfunction (output signal error), since the bike is still running its not a complete ECU failure. Check the connection to the display and check the connection to the ECU. If they are fully connected, take them off and have a look at all the pins, look for any signs of a bad connection like corrosion on any of the pins. If everything is good with the connections, it could be a bad wire or the ECU itself.

Thanks, will do that on the weekend

dabner

I wonder if it could be something in the dash as well. I know vehicles have stepper motors that actually work the gauges. It's almost as if it happens only when the gauge slams back to idle. Just an off the wall guess.