Need some feedback on two brothers exhaust

dtbrown

I've read the exhaust thread and no one posted anything about the two brothers exhaust. The carbon looks great but I've really concerned about sound. I'm looking for a lower rumble tone vs a winey high pitch tone.

Also the youtube videos are hard to tell. Any feed back or even other exhaust brand suggestions would be much appreciated.

pfontainejr

I've read the exhaust thread and no one posted anything about the two brothers exhaust. The carbon looks great but I've really concerned about sound. I'm looking for a lower rumble tone vs a winey high pitch tone.

Also the youtube videos are hard to tell. Any feed back or even other exhaust brand suggestions would be much appreciated.

Love Mine!!!!

DLSGAP

I've heard the two bros has a lower grumble rather than the high pitch. At this point I think im torn between the two brothers and leo Vince

C

Camo

MIVV... Mine is deep and loud, gargles and carries on a bit when backing off though. If I had my time again I'd have gone with the Suono instead
[ame=http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=sNiZ_rdJQ-4]YouTube - FZ8 - Mivv Suono avec chicane[/ame]

dtbrown

I've heard the two bros has a lower grumble rather than the high pitch. At this point I think im torn between the two brothers and leo Vince

All great suggestions but I think I'm swinging for two bros because of looks on the carbon black and sound along with ability to use stock plastic cover.

Lee_533

I don't know. One of my buddies that has a gsxr 600 just traded his two brothers for a stock pipe because it was too loud and high pitched. My other buddy still has his on (full exhaust) his FZ6 and I think it sounds like crap. It's way too loud, high pitched while riding, and it is not smooth sounding. When he's accelerating, it sounds like his bike is cackling, like a straight piped honda civic. Maybe they sound better on an FZ8 but the two that I have heard drove me away from it. I don't need a ticket. I bought a Danmoto carbon and I love it. I have a nice deep tone below 3000 rpms and it sounds like moto gp at 7000 and up. Plus it's not overly loud, it's cheap, *(and depending where you are) you won't get pulled over by cops. I know here in California, certain cities are really cracking down on noise for street bikes. I know a few people that have gotten tickets for their bikes. I have yet to get a cop to even look at me.

By the way, no offense to the people that have a two bothers exhaust. To each their own.

D

DJK1505

I think the two brothers is bad ass. If you don't like the way the others sounded and don't like the way they sound on youtube, well it kind of sounds like you have made up your mind, and just asking us to change it for you. I love the way mine sounds, but then again, I loved it when I took it off and ran straight pipe for kicks one day. If you don't want it to be loud, you should prob just leave the stock one on.

DJ

beefcake morris

If the sound has you worried, then you take a few bucks and time mostly to get a better sound. Then if you want more sound you could get a slip-on.

1. Gut the cat
2. Drill out the rivets on the exhaust and simi-gut the exhaust.

I think somebody on here already simi-gut the exhaust, so look for that post for the idea/how to.

mckshred

I don't know. One of my buddies that has a gsxr 600 just traded his two brothers for a stock pipe because it was too loud and high pitched. My other buddy still has his on (full exhaust) his FZ6 and I think it sounds like crap. It's way too loud, high pitched while riding, and it is not smooth sounding. When he's accelerating, it sounds like his bike is cackling, like a straight piped honda civic. Maybe they sound better on an FZ8 but the two that I have heard drove me away from it. I don't need a ticket. I bought a Danmoto carbon and I love it. I have a nice deep tone below 3000 rpms and it sounds like moto gp at 7000 and up. Plus it's not overly loud, it's cheap, *(and depending where you are) you won't get pulled over by cops. I know here in California, certain cities are really cracking down on noise for street bikes. I know a few people that have gotten tickets for their bikes. I have yet to get a cop to even look at me.

By the way, no offense to the people that have a two bothers exhaust. To each their own.

You can always get the little gold noise reducer. Easy in and it will kill some of the crackling and soften the tone a bit - especially at higher rpm. I took the reducer out of my 2 Bros. Carbon Black Pipe. it gets better gas mileage without the reducer and sounds stronger without it.

sixtus

MIVV... Mine is deep and loud, gargles and carries on a bit when backing off though. If I had my time again I'd have gone with the Suono instead
YouTube - FZ8 - Mivv Suono avec chicane

I really like the way the Suono looks and sounds in that video (except for the decel popping... not a huge fan decel popping, to be honest)... but then I watched another video of it on an FZ8 and it sounds completely different (at least at idle). This is why I hate trying to find good exhausts based on videos online.

http://youtu.be/Nmj1Z5qIssE

Crazywb23

I got the T. Brothers V.A.L.E. slip-on when I got the bike and broke in my FZ8 with the PC-5 and the exhaust. I love the tone and would not change it for anything. It has a mid tone and doesn't screech when you hit the Revv's... Not everyone likes TB products, on the bikes with a smaller bore they tend to whine, and so do the riders.

jcocker03

Ive got two brothers and love it. About as loud as id want to go too tho. Very deep and throaty, but pops a lot while engine braking too. I like the pop but you might not. Not a trace of the high pitched whine you seem to get on yosh pipes. I bet its about as deep a tone as you can get without going to a bigger displacement bike. Unless you go jardine but thats just plain loud lol.

Lee_533

Well, I can't speak from experience, but from what I've read a PC5 will get rid of the decel pop. I won't find out for a few months though as I won't be getting mine until some money loosens up lol.

chodatus

Just ordered a two bro's carbon fiber with gold accents and a gold P1-X powertip. $379.99 for the pipe and Nate gave me a sweet deal on the powertip for $15.00 because there will be a delay for the pipe.

If anyone interested in the black series pipes Nate said he would have gave me that pipe for 379.99 also because it was in stock.

Here's the links
Two Brothers Racing M2 VALE Slip On Exhaust Yamaha FZ8 2011-12 :: MotorcycleGear.com

Viewing Images For Two Brothers Racing Accessories P1-X PowerTip :: MotorcycleGear.com