Need advise. Stay with 2012 fz8 or go 2013?

dtbrown

I'm about ready to start moding my bike. I currently have a 2012 and want to upgrade the suspension because for my weight it seems to soft but cost is looking to be over $1000 for front and rear. Would it not be a bad idea to get a 2013 with the adjustable suspension assuming my dealer can get it to me for close to what I got my 2012 which was about $7600?

Any input is appreciated.

thanks,

richielord09

Hey buddy, I just bought a 2012 FZ8 could have waited a month for the 2013 The only thing I thought was my current bike the R6 13s had fully adjustable suspension and in the 3 years that I owend her I never altered from the factory settings.

If you wanted could you not just take the 2013 fork internals and put them on yours ?

Marthy

From a review a saw on Youtube (French review) The front end is much better, good improvement. But the rear still not right... So either you will most than likely need to tweak the rear shock. The way I see it, If I go the FZ8 way I'll try to get a 2012 for dirt cheap discount then do the R1 fork and Ohlins rear shock. I'll end up spending about the same and still have a better bike.

dtbrown

From a review a saw on Youtube (French review) The front end is much better, good improvement. But the rear still not right... So either you will most than likely need to tweak the rear shock. The way I see it, If I go the FZ8 way I'll try to get a 2012 for dirt cheap discount then do the R1 fork and Ohlins rear shock. I'll end up spending about the same and still have a better bike.

I already have a 2012 and paid quite a bit off already. So looks like ill make that investment into rear shock. But in reality how bad are the front forks?

ssky0078

the springs on the front and rear will never be the right ones unless you are between 145 and 165 lbs. Otherwise, you will need to upgrade at least part of the suspension. I got my Fz1 suspension setup by a race shop and haven't messed with it since. The rebound and compression adjustment is kind of nice.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
The only reason i decided an absolute "no" for 2013 is because I love the gold shocks look. pity they didn't come with gold wheels too.