Nasty Crash ending my 52 day road trip.

julicaro

So as some of you may know I had been posting about this cross country road trip I was undertaking alone. Welp on Day 52 and about 6500 miles into my trip I crash GLaDOS my poor Fz8. Ended up with a broken clavicle, finger and heel which sucks. Glados is in rough shape but hey atleast I was able to keep all my bits on my body. I was lucky enough to have a local motorcycle group from Washington get my bike out of the tow yard and store the bike at there club house for me. They started a gofundme to get the bike shipped back to me all the way in Miami Florida. Figured this post would be an update to why I havent updated on my trip and also a way to ask for some help in getting the bike back to me. Welp thats about it fellas, try to keep her on two wheels.

https://www.gofundme.com/2e5hmz8

SiRZvYB.jpgHTCOp3j.jpgvaip8Un.jpgEkqPPMY.jpg5xyk6se.jpg

julicaro

So I was cruising up the 101 headed up from Aberdeen WA. About 2 hours in my back wheel locks up, I have no idea whats going on and the first thing that came to mind was "**** my chain just came loose". Im trying and trying to correct her and keep her going but I just finally cant and end up dropping her into the oncoming lane. I get spilled on the left side of her and get sent rolling. Bike spins around as I tumble away from it. The crash was so strange, everything was in slow motion. My body went into survival mode and I felt every little thing that was going on. My head hit the pavement really hard, I remember feeling it not in my head but in my neck. My hands went immediately into my chest because I could feel my left glove sliding on the pavement. I tumbled for a bit and when I finally stopped I laid there for a bit, ran my hands along my body to check for anything immediately broken. I though I was fine since I hadn't felt anything, I got my helmet off and walked off the highway to not get hit by a car and sat down. When I took my helmet off I continued to check myself and thats when I felt my collar bone sticking out, I knew that the adrenaline was hiding any other injuries so I laid back down. A couple of minutes later a logging trucker came to my rescue and EMS was on there way. The people who stopped to help picked up the scattered gear off the road and informed me that my sleeping bag had locked up my rear tire. That ****ing sleeping bag...I had landed facing away from the bike and immediately went into self check mode and didn't even think about the bike until I was in the stretcher. So now im waiting to see when im going under the knife to get it fixed, doctors have post-poned the surgery twice which really suck. So now that im over with this little rant I can go back to looking at shipping estimates and Fz8 parts to slowly get GLaDOS back together since it wont be a while till im back on her.

Keach

Yikes that collar bone looks nasty. I feel your pain man. I've got a plate and six screws in my right clavicle. Broke it twice and the second time required surgery. I wish you good luck in surgery and hope you have a speedy recovery.

It took me about a year to feel almost 100%. I broke mine at work so I went to physical therapy. They would massage the area which at the time I thought was pointless but looking back I think it helped reduce scar tissue and sensitivity. I couldn't sleep on my right side and still rarely do as my shoulder will kind of lock up in the morning and kill me, but even that has gotten a lot better. I still don't know how motogp guys can ride days after clavicle surgery!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk