Nashville, TN Area

TheDogsWeed

Hello everyone!

Recently moved to the Nashville area and looking for some recommendations on where to ride to. I'm more north than anything of Nashville, so guess I'm looking for great destinations North, West, or East?

Previous and beloved places I've visited before moving to Tennessee include Fall Creek Falls State Park and Rock Island State Park along with the GSM, but looking at a map, those are a little far for a quick run; by quick I mean kicking about aimlessly.

Thanks for all the suggestions.

P.S. Any good Yamaha dealers in Nashville? Be damned if I have seen a single dealer.

Hello everyone!

Recently moved to the Nashville area and looking for some recommendations on where to ride to. I'm more north than anything of Nashville, so guess I'm looking for great destinations North, West, or East?

Previous and beloved places I've visited before moving to Tennessee include Fall Creek Falls State Park and Rock Island State Park along with the GSM, but looking at a map, those are a little far for a quick run; by quick I mean kicking about aimlessly.

P.S. Any good Yamaha dealers in Nashville? Be damned if I have seen a single dealer.

I haven't done a whole lot of riding around here for fun. Most of my trips are to work or out to the dragon/cherahola skyway in east tn/NC area. I have found one little twisty short road in west nashville that can be fun. From Charlotte Pike in W Nashville you can catch Old Charlotte Pike and it loops all the way back around to Charlotte pike again after 20 min or so of riding. Not long but it does have a fun twisty section.

I haven't done a whole lot of riding around here for fun. Most of my trips are to work or out to the dragon/cherahola skyway in east tn/NC area. I have found one little twisty short road in west nashville that can be fun. From Charlotte Pike in W Nashville you can catch Old Charlotte Pike and it loops all the way back around to Charlotte pike again after 20 min or so of riding. Not long but it does have a fun twisty section.

Not a fan of most of the Yamaha dealers around. I take mine to Bellevue Cycle on Charlotte Pike. Great guys there and they're reasonable on pricing. Unlike most stealerships.

TheDogsWeed

Thanks for the information! I will def be checking out the Charlotte Pike. Never heard of Cherahola Skyway, another place to investigate. I don't ride hard, more chill than anything, but I do like a good few curves.

villhelmromero

Hello everyone!

I may be moving to the area sometime in the near future. I'll be exited to explore roads around the area.

TheDogsWeed

I may be moving to the area sometime in the near future. I'll be exited to explore roads around the area.

So far the roads I have been on are decent. Granted, coming from a small college town in Eastern KY where great roads were just off your door step, adjusting to the larger populace bothers my riding karma.

villhelmromero

So far the roads I have been on are decent. Granted, coming from a small college town in Eastern KY where great roads were just off your door step, adjusting to the larger populace bothers my riding karma.

I currently live just outside of San Antonio so I'm use to a crowded road, but damn the texas hill country is fantastic riding. they usually aren't too busy. just outside my doorstep as well :D

DanS

Commuter
most of texas is flat except for cetral and parts of west texas. the hill country (aka central texas) is fantastic riding.
The Houston area SUCKS!!... nearest hill 100mi away.Twisty roads, forget it!. The only way to burn off chicken strips around here is on roundabouts and freeway on ramps. I love the hill country!