N2 in your tires?

nathanmot

I'm interested to see how many of you guys use nitrogen in your tires and if you see any benifits. I use N2 in my car tires and seems to hold pressure longer. Most shops will charge a one time fee for filling tires up (about $20) then its free to top off when needed.

D

DJK1505

Waste of money, We use nitrogen at work for the aircraft tires and jet bridge tires. If you check your air pressure on a regular basis there is no reason to use N2. The aircraft use it because of the constant air pressure changes, and on the jet bridges we use it because we do not check the air pressure daily, and these tires and tubes always seem to drop pressure. In your vehicle there is no added benifit, dont waste you 20 bucks to have it added. Most shops will check you pressure and top you off for free, or get an air compressor for your garage!!!!!!!!!!!!

JTB

Pillion
I've found on bikes it is useless. The amount of time a tire stays on it will just cost you so much in nitrogen. I only ever get it if the company I buy things from offers it for free with install or on purchase. Keep the $20 and spend it on one more tank of gas :rockon:

diz

And one small note:
Composition of dry atmosphere, by volume:
Nitrogen (N2) 78.084%
Oxygen (O2) 20.946%
Others...

So you would pay 20$ for 20% ;-)

hypo

unless you are a nitrogen kinda guy, and you live/work at or near the place that will refill it for free and it makes sense to you to do it. I'd have to ride 10 minutes to get nitrogren from the walmart garage, and they aren't open when I go to work or when I hit the twisties on weekends, so it just makes sense to have my own compressor.

FZER

Avid Rider
I don't personally use it and don't really see a benefit either. With constantly changing temperatures here right now anyway, you still have to check pretty often. Save the nitro for a nitro kit? Do you inhale? Just joking.