My rear fender mod

sinclap2

Lazy
Thumbs up for ingenuity!

...but if we mounted our number plate sideways here...we would be smelling bacon very quickly! :D

decooney

Just finished replacing mine with the Yoshimura kit. Simple and clean. Nice little LED for the license plate too. Looks nice.

e11charlie

So instead of starting another thread. Thinking about doing this. Would like to do it in vinyl but even the hi performance stuff I don't think will stick to the frame. Painting might not be worth the cost unless I can find someone to do it without having to tear the whole damn bike apart.

Black Widow

Avid Rider
Time to see the airbrush artist. Will look GREAT. Stickers will look cheap and tacky. Here is a preview of whats going on with the airbrush work i,m getting done, there will be a lot more to it this is just going on front fender. Will be a black wolf theme throughout

Black Widow

Avid Rider
e11charlie, there are some really good products for vinyl decals nowadays, if you can draw this up on the computer and have an auto detail shop that does decals print it up for you thay may stick fairly well. The problem on the position you have them is the little dimples in the plastic below the tank that makes it hard to work with. I suggest you reposition the mouth/teeth more onto the plastic than overlapping to the frame for a nice fit/look. The eyes will stick nicely to the tank shroud, your idea is definatly do- able as airbrushing is expensive,unless you are an artist( judgeing by the pics you are not LOL, and no disrespect intended). If i were to do any artistic painting to my bike myself, it would be a stick figure wolf, ya not cool. If you can blend the vinyl in and wrap it right to look more like paint than a decal , your idea will look sharp. I suspect you are drawing a shark mouthteeth and eyes? JAWS FZ8.

e11charlie

So this will take a while to accomplish. Thinking about hand painting it as those dimples will not accept even high performance vinyl. On the up side just ordered my engine cage. Down side, I have to wait till Christmas to install it.

e11charlie

So this is where I'm at. I think I am just going to hand paint it. I've tried a vinyl stencil but didn't work so good. Also going to change the position of the teeth to be only on the frame like this mock up. Going to have the teeth come out from under the tank. I think the way I had it before the break between the tank and frame didn't look right.

Maybe put some shading and depth in it to keep it from looking cheap. Added a second row of teeth but don't want it to seem too busy also. Just a quick sketch.

I'm much better with a brush than an airbrush. Shit I hate idle hands.

Last edited:

RnR

I like where you're going with this ... think this project deserves its own thread. :eatcorn:

e11charlie

Naw no sense in mucking up the forum with multiple threads. This one will do just fine. Maybe change the name. So here are some concepts on the eye. Problem is the black background. Would be easier if what I was painting on was white. If I go with simpler teeth then I will just use the top one. The more complex shaded teeth I will probably go with something like the bottom two.

If I go with color it will be very slight. Not as prominent like in the drawings.