My fz8 upgrades

jess24845030

Hi Have been waiting a while till i have something worth posting .

i,v had my fz8 10 months now its not been a great riding season and only have 2500 miles on her .

first thing to go were the tyres at 800 miles i swapped the for michelin pilot powers which i have liked and used before on other bikes they are old tec now but i trust them , may try something else when they are done.

put on R&G crash protection rear stand bobbins.

next akropovic end can and took of the rear pegs and put on the R&G hanger and blanking plate the other side .

as i took of the rear pegs no need for the rear seat so i have replaced that with the yamaha cover looks good not sure its worth the money though .

that was it for a while untill a week ago i decided to do a big upgrade on the suspension front and rear .

the front got MATRIS F05 RKC folk internals made for the bike and are preload adjustable. as i have been asked they cost £453 .

the rear is a NITRON Track/fast road model NTBKY 06T built to order for the bike and my weight . which is fully ajustable and cost £548

these were fitted today and had a quick setup for me by the local machanic at the yamaha dealer fantastic guy who used to set up race bikes .

i,v only had the ride home but what i can say even in the wet and not really pushing it it feels so much better , i used to get a lot of rocking forward and back when i opened the gas up and braked its nearly all gone now you just open her up and off she goes .

lots of work to be done on the setup which he is going to help me with when we get some dry roads .

i will try and post pictures of the bike tomorrow as it was dark when i got home.

still to do is to fit a gear indicator , i have the akrapovic front collectors on order should be here next week and a power commander 5 waiting to be fitted when they arrive .

AlCab

Wow, you're really going to town with the upgrades. Glad to hear you are getting the suspension dialed in. As far as the GI, I am having a DG8 integrated into my tach gauge face right now, just waiting to get it back. I will post up pics when I do.

jess24845030

Wow, you're really going to town with the upgrades. Glad to hear you are getting the suspension dialed in. As far as the GI, I am having a DG8 integrated into my tach gauge face right now, just waiting to get it back. I will post up pics when I do.

yer i was looking at that , interested in seeing how it looks when its all back with you , should look really tidy .

jess24845030

just sorted a few pictures of the suspension on the bike . still no word on my collectors . the mechanic is going to take the bike out for a blast when the roads are dry as he wants to see what it does when really pushed . i have seen his notes he already has 2 pages full of measurements.

anyway hope the picks are ok .

W

WARPTH

should make a great difference for you with the preload adjustment front and rear

C

Camo

Looks the goods mate, I'm sure it'll make a world of difference.
I'm surprised you weren't lynched for having fully adjustable suspension... Apparently the stock gear is adequate :rolleyes:

H

Hoover

I'm surprised you weren't lynched for having fully adjustable suspension... Apparently the stock gear is adequate :rolleyes:

Oh boy, here we go again :poke:

Camo...:slap::slap::slap:

:chicken:

jess24845030

Yes i expect some will be saying what a waste of money , well i will just say its mine to waste if i want to , i really love the basics of this bike and intend to make it into something I feel will be a delight to ride .:):)

RnR

When are you guys going to learn that you can't make a silk purse out of a sow's ear?

:scared: