My Custom made mods

Wilhelm

Hey Guys and Girls I just wanted to know what you all thought about my home made mods. I finally convinced the wife to let me get the bike, but she doesn't want me spending money on modifications....So I thought, I wonder if I could make them. Wind screen, Rad cover, Fender eliminator. I gave it a try and I would like your honest opinion.
Thanks!?!?

tjfisher

Looks good man what did you use for the windscreen? And did you make a template ?

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

Wilhelm

Thanks man. I used Lexan (Plexiglass). But I made a template out of aluminum and used a heat gun on the bends and then shaped it with a sander. Check out Youtube under bending plexiglass. I mounted it under the face plate and used the existing fasteners.

You should make and sell those screens on here....reasonably priced ;) as I the reason I'm not getting aftermarket is any screen is way overpriced for this bike.

Wilhelm

Thanks for the nice words guy. Mabey I should post a how to vid. And it holds up great at speed, absolutely no movement. It does help with wind, mostly at speed.If anyone is interested let me know.

Last edited:

tjfisher

Ya a how to would be awesome and I'll take a copy in paper of that template you used ! I have plenty of aluminum here to make a hard copy . The curve of the windscreen look spot on.

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

medivh66

Pillion
you shoud make and sell those windscreens. first one ive seen that i actually like. id take a tinted one. Maybe if you show your wife the bike is making you money she would let you spend some on an exhaust.

Marthy

Been there done that! Can't imagine getting a bike but can't mod it!!! It's like telling her she can buy shoes but can't wear them! LOL

There's was nothing really available when I got the 6R... I built my own touring screen. Worked well too. I built a few for the forum members too. Was a b%$#!!!!

EDIT: Here's where I got my material. You can get it in different thickness and if you have enough orders you can get it pre-cut to your template. All you need to do is bend it.

http://www.eplastics.com/Transparent_Color_Polycarbonate_Sheet

Last edited:

Wilhelm

Hey,Thanks again guys. I guess Ill start working on a how to vid.Mabey Ill make a few and see whos interested.
And Im thinking around 40 to 50 bucks?

Wilhelm

you shoud make and sell those windscreens. first one ive seen that i actually like. id take a tinted one. Maybe if you show your wife the bike is making you money she would let you spend some on an exhaust.
LOL That's a great idea medivh66.Its worth a try!?!?

cambo

Avid Rider
Hey,Thanks again guys. I guess Ill start working on a how to vid.Mabey Ill make a few and see whos interested.
And Im thinking around 40 to 50 bucks?

I'm definitely interested if you produce some. Put my name down.

Do you think you can take a front shot and a side view shot...with the entire bike in the view so we can see the proportions?

I agree with medivh66...I'd throw a dark tint on there for sure as well.

lothodon

Super Moderator
an easy tint too as i don't think you can get low enough to actually look through the screen is to just paint the backside. i flat blacked the back of the yamaha fly screen and i really liked it. it made the speedo easier to read in the daylight as there was no glare.

n00b

Avid Rider
I've thought about making a windscreen that's bigger than the Givi. At $50, consider me a customer. Let me know whenever you're ready and I'll send you a check :)