My 2012 FZ8

Jwood9

I have been very lazy with pics since i joined this forum and just wanted to share how my babys comin along...

Also thanks to all of those who have offered their :2cents:

Mods so far... Yosh frame sliders, Vance and Hines CS1, R& G tail tidy, Motodynamic smoke integrated tail,Evotech rad guard, Black flushmount front signals, Silverstar Gold H4 bulb, Danmoto rearsets,Black reflective rim tape,K&N hiflow filter, spools stands removed reflectors and stickers and all that jazz, and Plastidipped my pegs black.

Fuzzb8

Hey how do you like your Danmoto rear sets? I have the exhaust from them I really like it, its the one that looks like the stock muffler but obviously sounds a lot better. I was impressed with it considering it's less than half as much as any of the other big name pipes but as near as I can tell performs just as good. I was just wondering if the rear sets are as impressive for the price?

Motogpmad

I'm also interested to see how your getting on with the rear sets. I'm tempted to buy some. We can get them for £138 + postage and import tax here in the uk. Bargain if they are even half decent. :D

B

bren

Farking love that matte paint job.. We don't get it in Australia...:(

RnR

Matching that V&H with your matt black bike was brilliant, complimentary color tones and shape, just perfect. I think it looks great. Nice job.

W

WARPTH

Farking love that matte paint job.. We don't get it in Australia...:(

My local yamaha dealer had x2 of them there last week.
We do have them now. But still as 2012 not 2013 with the adjustable suspension.

shadowman

Nice clean looking bike. The matte paint is sort of a subtle look that really works well!
On a side note, how do you keep your garage so clean? Your garage floor looks cleaner than my kitchen floor!:eek:

Jwood9

Thanks guys! I love the paint job thats a big part of what sold me on the bike :)

And to answer your question the Danmoto rearsets are well worth the small price they charge. Also for a few bucks more you can really beef them up to ensure your satisfaction. Theres only a couple things to know with these.
1) You will need to loctite these thoroughly before you use them, and also will want to check them every week or so to make sure of tight fitment.
2) If you want to go the extra mile you can purchase a heavier duty bolt from the hardware store, i had to purchase 2 longer bolts for the left side heel guard to ensure that the shift rod was not in contact with it.

Overall these are well worth the money, and you will most likely be pleased. Everything is easy to break down and anodize if needed.

Jwood9

And here is my plasti dipped pegs... Prolly the coolest 10 bucks i spent on something for the bike. Consequently lots of little useless items around the garage got plastidipped too :).

And this is the actual plasti dip in a can with a lid, NOT the spray paint type.

F

Fazed

Thanks guys! I love the paint job thats a big part of what sold me on the bike :)

And to answer your question the Danmoto rearsets are well worth the small price they charge. Also for a few bucks more you can really beef them up to ensure your satisfaction. Theres only a couple things to know with these.
1) You will need to loctite these thoroughly before you use them, and also will want to check them every week or so to make sure of tight fitment.
2) If you want to go the extra mile you can purchase a heavier duty bolt from the hardware store, i had to purchase 2 longer bolts for the left side heel guard to ensure that the shift rod was not in contact with it.

Overall these are well worth the money, and you will most likely be pleased. Everything is easy to break down and anodize if needed.

The thing about Chinese made items is they make a reasonable to top quality product, then they spoil it by using bolts made from an alloy of butter and lead. I would recommend anybody using Chinese products in critical area's replace the bolts with decent made items.

H

Hoover

The thing about Chinese made items is they make a reasonable to top quality product, then they spoil it by using bolts made from an alloy of butter and lead. I would recommend anybody using Chinese products in critical area's replace the bolts with decent made items.

You are so right. I was a heavy truck recovery operator for almost 30 years and the cheap Chinese rigging that some operators used were very well known for failling. 99 times out of 100, the chains and shackles would fail at the connecting bolt.

Jwood9

ATM im very happy with the road pilot 3 theyve done everything i need them for.... and several of my buddies use them for track days too with no problems