MotoDynamic LED blinker install (from a FZ6)

HeresMyMind

I really wanted some nice flush mounts, I know they aren't the most visible from the front but from the sides they are extremely noticeable. I wanted Motodynamics specifically because of how much I like their tail light (already installed) and because I installed them on my friends FZ09 and they turned out great.

So I ordered FZ6 Motodynamic Blinkers because they looked to have the most shallow mounting point in the back.

09-15 Yamaha FZ6R FJ09 FJ-09 LED Flush Mount Front Turn Signals - Dual Circuit

They also come with the resistor pack to make sure they dont hyper blink.

They DO have a running light and the blinker, so you retain your front running lights.

The wiring is slightly different, you have to clip off 1 small white connector and install 2 butt / bullet male connectors to them. White wire goes to grey oem wire for the running light, black to black, and the Red wires connect to the green or red blinker wires.

To get them to fit first you need to trim down the OEM bezel, I used a dremel tool and a sanding drum to make it as smooth and OEM looking as possible.

Attached is are photos comparing stock to the one I trimmed down

IMG_5879.jpgIMG_5881.jpg

HeresMyMind

Next you can slide the FZ6r blinker into place, you need to make a custom metal piece about 3/8" by 3" and drill a hole in the center and it will hold the blinker into place. I did that and added some silicone to ensure a tight fit.IMG_5885.jpgIMG_5883.jpg

HeresMyMind

here is the outcome once all assembled, they fit and look like OEM, I will post output shots once I install the headlight back on the bike

-B
IMG_5894.jpgIMG_5896.jpgIMG_5898.jpg

jamoms101

I read on another post you planning a EVO-XR upgrade, anything worked out on that yet? Are these pics with the Mini D2S 3.0? From what I read, you changed out the blacked out for the chrome bezel. I think it's pretty sexy. Do you have any updated pics or in-use pics?

HeresMyMind

output shots are found in my retrofit post, stil the min d2s 3.0 projectors. the BK moto kits and Rabbitman used the 2.0 D2S projectors because they were smaller and you didnt need to cut the main reflector at all. But the 3.0 have a much much better output so it was worth cutting a 2.25" hole in the back of the reflector to sit it back enough

-B

sirdyza

Help with install...

I purchased the same lights. After the work of installing these, I have a concern with excessive heat in the resistors. Has anyone noticed the resistors heating up more than is expected? I am wondering if I got the wires crossed and that is the problem, or do they just run hot. Am afraid of them melting. Only had them hooked up for a little while to check functionality. Everything seemed fine (running lights and blinkers) except for the heat.

Going to try the wiring suggested above just to make sure that is not the problem.

Any input would be appreciated.

Thanks!

Last edited:

HeresMyMind

If you have the LED flasher installed under the seat, those resistors are NOT needed, just cot them off and make sure the wires aren't bare.

-B

sirdyza

Which Relay?

I will go ahead and purchase the LED relay to put under the seat, but in looking for it on both eBay and Amazon, there are two types. There is one that is red and black and several that have 2 or 3 prongs exposed. Here are the names of the different ones I see on Amazon:

2 Pin LED Flasher Relay for Honda Kawasaki Yamaha Suzuki (Gen 2) ZX6R ZX10R 600RR 1000RR R6 R1 F4i GSXR FZ6R

Turn Signal Flasher Relay Motorcycle Indicator Light Honda Yamaha Kawasaki NEW

Which one of these is the one that is needed?

Thank you for the help!

I bought the "2 Pin Led Flasher Relay".... the first on, it works perfectly and its plug and play. The only thing i noticed was a very small delay (just like 1or 2 seconds)from flipping the switch and the lights actually going on but after getting used to it i don't even notice it anymore. Im a perfectionist so it bothered me at first :)