Motodynamic flush mounts for FZ8S/Fazer

Emohawk

I was poking around on Motodynamic's ebay store the other day and saw they now have flush-mount turn signals that cover the recess rather than sitting deep in it. This should help with the visibility concerns I had with the Protons. These also include running light capability which I wanted to preserve, so I decided to give them a try.

They don't have a set specifically for the Fazer (yet), but the turn signal itself is generic - just the custom mounting bracket is different. I ordered a set for the R1 knowing I'd have to modify the bracket regardless of what I ordered. Here are some pics with the right signal fitted.

First, with the lights on from the front for comparison to stock. Running lights only here.

And from the side, again running light only.

And from the side with the lights off.

Hard to make a judgement with the lighting & cell phone pic quality. I'll try a couple of of shots in the dark tonight.

Last edited:

Stangrrr

Weekend Rider
Looks good, something I will have to look into for my Fazer, that is after my wallet settles from all of the mods I have just done recently...

Emohawk

Thanks. FYI, they appear to be as bright as the Protons for far less coin. You don't get the funky strobe & fade options, but I wouldn't have used them anyway.

Emohawk

Here's a pic that shows them off a little better. Getting a bit of flare from the cell cam, but you get the idea. I think the night visibility should be fine. Not sure about the turn signals in daylight.

I would still like to add signals to the mirrors for better visibility. I haven't found a replacement mirror that I like yet. Has anyone tried modding the stock mirrors to add signals or running lights?

Tiffy

Here's a pic that shows them off a little better. Getting a bit of flare from the cell cam, but you get the idea. I think the night visibility should be fine. Not sure about the turn signals in daylight.

I would still like to add signals to the mirrors for better visibility. I haven't found a replacement mirror that I like yet. Has anyone tried modding the stock mirrors to add signals or running lights?

I like the mirror idea a lot, haven't done it but would welcome ideas - also where dio you get those side fairings from:confused: