Mods done, for now

Speedo007

OK weather was great outside so I went for a quick shooting of the bike as it is (and I think I'll be able to stop spending on it for a few weeks now).

Here's the mods I've done so far.

R&G tail tidy
Yamaha LED blinkers
Yamaha belly pan
Yamaha frame sliders
Yamaha center stand
Rizoma mirrors
Michelin Pilot Road 2
Custom snakeskin tank grip

Last edited:

Speedo007

Thanks!
Tail tidy if only one.
For looks I'd say the tail tidy/LED blinkers combo is what changed the bike the most.
For practical, just LOVE the center stand for maintenance, and you barely notice it when it's not in use. My family jewels are happy with the snakeskins they haven't been banged in the tank since :)

trixster8

All very good points. I agree with the tidy tail, but then again, a nice set of mirrors can really give a naked bike a whole different look. Most stock mirrors on naked sport bikes really take away the sporty look, IMO.

Speedo007

yeah its tough answering by ONE mod only hehe The mirrors are right up there with the tail tidy, and I'm getting used to them too, I might just keep em.

beefcake morris

Great pictures! I must say that I will be doing many of the same exact mods. I will do a twist and get the intergated tail light.

Speedo007

With my experience I wouldnt go as far as to say they rock...but their prices are ok. First they sent me 2 left mirrors, then they sent me mirrors that werent packaged properly (Rizoma's fault but still could have been avoided) and all mirrors were covered in goo that I had to clean up with WD-40. I guess I just was an unlucky customer as I see they have many good reviews.

hypo

honestly I like the senso, tomok, and MAYBEE the prototype sport better than the dynamic.

but they don't come cheaper.

:/

mano1192

You cant blame PJ's for the Rizoma shipping, its pretty typical for all their parts. PJ's goes the extra mile to open all the Rizoma stuff to check it, then they add extra packaging materials to it to make sure it gets there safe. Not sure why you experienced any different... No ones is perfect but they always make it right!

Speedo007

thats why Im not totally blaming them, I think the large majority of their customers are very satisfied just based on all the reviews on the products on their site...I guess I just had bad luck with them from beginning to end, can happen anywhere.

mano1192

No worries man, I'm the other dude who got the 2 left mirrors remember! Give them another chance and you'll be happy.

Speedo007

I dont think I need to buy anything else for a while, so I'll be fine :)
I like bluestreakracing.ca in Ontario, I save a taxe since they are not in my province and shipping is crazy fast and FREE.