Misfire/stalling

Woody146

Banned
Iridanium plugs last longer...when you changed your plugs...did you change everything else too? Oil and filter?

Just saying man..they way you are running your bike..you are not tuned for it.. Pull your ecu..ship it to don at guhls and tell him what mods you have..have it flashed..put it back in..and enjoy how well your bike will run..it will be night and day

9 Lives

why not use iridium plugs & be done with it?

^^What he said, since there such a PITA to get at why not put in iridiums.

I have a feeling that since you were running so lean it overheated the plugs and prematurely broke them down.

Last edited:

schmittz

I havent had the problem the whole year I've had the cat gutted with the danmoto, I think its a bad coil. On another note, I found what I think is a vacuum line that got cut, no clue if that could cause it either.

Edit, just realized some of the rivits on my danmoto pulled out...

Last edited:

schmittz

I dont want to go back to the dealership(island powersports) last time they charged me almost $400 effing dollars for an oil change, stated that they tourqued everything to spec, an when I checked at home nothing was torqued at all!

schmittz

Problem figured out, its a bad coil. Using a thermal imaging camera I was able to tell that #4 was colder(therefor the one not firing properly) allowed the bike to cool down, then switched #4's coil with #1's. Now #4 was the same temp as the others and #1 was colder, so I believe it to be a faulty coil which should be covered under my 5 year warranty.

schmittz

Ok so it was a faulty coil, but cylinder #1, not #4 which seemed cooler with the thermal camera. Exhaust for #1 was ice cold after 30 second run time, while the other 3 were almost too hot to touch. Bought a used coil off ebay for $8 and she runs fine now :D gonna take her to guhl asap after I get my new tires mounted.

Nemo

thanks for letting us know , a lot of people ask awswer on forum and never come back with the solution f they find it , so that way at least we can help others to solve their problem since u told us what u did !!! thx you

schmittz

Put over 40 miles on her today, no weird running/idling. You can change the outer two plugs/coils without removing the radiator, but its a bit of a pita. Best bet is a coolant drain, then pull the rad off for more room, will be doing it again when I disable the ais.