Mini photoshoot

Woody146

Banned
Rode over the bridge after to get lunch..hit 3 different micro climates including a wet one..

This photo by jumbo or duclyan photography or whatever...it's dope and it's pro!

NORE

Is that a graves full? And what kind of tires are those?. If u dont mind me asking.
Bike looks sick!!

Woody146

Banned
Is that a graves full? And what kind of tires are those?. If u dont mind me asking.
Bike looks sick!!

LOL! Yes I mind(I'm totally kidding bro) yessir..graves full exhaust and the pilot road 4 front and rear

Stupid graves does not sell just the header so I sold my graves slip on after I purchased the whole system..FYI..it's the same damn slip on with the sticker in a different spot...useless.

Tires..love michelines...this is my 3rd set...had 2ct then pilot power 3 ( both were awesome tires but didn't last me more than 6 months..) swapped over to the more commuter friendly road 4 and I have to say..I have no complaints at all.

Umyaya

I just replaced my back since it picked up a nail... measured the tread.. had more than half tread left with already a few thousand miles on it... probably had 4 thousand more left in it. These tires get lots of miles. I will be in CA this week sadly without the bike.. I looked at a map and whatever highway 2 is out of La Canada Flintridge that goes up through the mountains looks sick via map.
LOL! Yes I mind(I'm totally kidding bro) yessir..graves full exhaust and the pilot road 4 front and rear

Stupid graves does not sell just the header so I sold my graves slip on after I purchased the whole system..FYI..it's the same damn slip on with the sticker in a different spot...useless.

Tires..love michelines...this is my 3rd set...had 2ct then pilot power 3 ( both were awesome tires but didn't last me more than 6 months..) swapped over to the more commuter friendly road 4 and I have to say..I have no complaints at all.

Last edited:

Woody146

Banned
This was the maiden voyage of the hyperpro street box as well...holy shit..this needs to be your first mod (any suspension) but for 700$ This was well worth it! Front and rear are stable in turns and it doesn't feel like a pogo stick anymore!

Woody146

Banned
I just replaced my back since it picked up a nail... measured the tread.. had more than half tread left with already a few thousand miles on it... probably had 4 thousand more left in it. These tires get lots of miles.

That was the major selling point for me..still not sold on the front tire though..I'm thinking next tire change ( unless doing a track day) I will get road 4 rear and power 3 front..I like the shape of the power a little more..seems a bit more aggressive

Umyaya

This was the maiden voyage of the hyperpro street box as well...holy shit..this needs to be your first mod (any suspension) but for 700$ This was well worth it! Front and rear are stable in turns and it doesn't feel like a pogo stick anymore!

With the 2011 fZ8 model can you just buy springs and put them in the front? or do you have to buy the entire front kit that will replace them so they can be adjusted. I looked at Ohlin's front and rear.

Springs... Yamaha FZ8 Motorcycle Performance Parts & Accessories
Kit is like 1300 dollars. not worth it. Might as well buy a newer model. Yamaha FZ8 Motorcycle Performance Parts & Accessories

Woody146

Banned
With the 2011 fZ8 model can you just buy springs and put them in the front? or do you have to buy the entire front kit that will replace them so they can be adjusted. I looked at Ohlin's front and rear.

Springs... Yamaha FZ8 Motorcycle Performance Parts & Accessories
Kit is like 1300 dollars. not worth it. Might as well buy a newer model. Yamaha FZ8 Motorcycle Performance Parts & Accessories

Haha yea..I looked at that too and damn near had a heart attack when I saw the price..1300+ another 1300 for the ttx shock(only way to go if your gonna get cartridges)+ however much it costs it get setup and installed...no thank you!!

So I went to a suspension shop and talked to an expert..he was a dealer of all the brands (racetech, ohlins, nitron, Wilbur's, hyperpro, k tech more too I had never heard of) and the street box was the perfect fit and price for me.

The street box is springs only. So yes, you can change only the springs..I did..and with this streetbox..it is essentially you are buying the rear shock and getting the springs and fork oil for free..the rear shock has compression and rebound..no dampening but I'm no track star so I don't need it(nor do,I want to constantly fiddle with adjustments which I expressed to the suspension guru and we landed on the streetbox)

I guess ohlins is making a version of their "streetbox" with a mono shock and springs as well...idk if they are progressive or linear though..and the ohlins shock is off the shelf..hyperpro is all made to order for the bike and rider and riding style...plus..the suspension guy said the hyperpro had better seals and a thicker tube..

Last edited:

Umyaya

Could you link me to the streetbox. May look into it this fall/winter. Nvm found it. Can you order this Hyperpro streetbox online somewhere?
Haha yea..I looked at that too and damn near had a heart attack when I saw the price..1300+ another 1300 for the ttx shock(only way to go if your gonna get cartridges)+ however much it costs it get setup and installed...no thank you!!

So I went to a suspension shop and talked to an expert..he was a dealer of all the brands (racetech, ohlins, nitron, Wilbur's, hyperpro, k tech more too I had never heard of) and the street box was the perfect fit and price for me.

The street box is springs only. So yes, you can change only the springs..I did..and with this streetbox..it is essentially you are buying the rear shock and getting the springs and fork oil for free..the rear shock has compression and rebound..no dampening but I'm no track star so I don't need it(nor do,I want to constantly fiddle with adjustments which I expressed to the suspension guru and we landed on the streetbox)

I guess ohlins is making a version of their "streetbox" with a mono shock and springs as well...idk if they are progressive or linear though..and the ohlins shock is off the shelf..hyperpro is all made to order for the bike and rider and riding style...plus..the suspension guy said the hyperpro had better seals and a thicker tube..

Last edited:

Woody146

Banned
i like all the small gold additions to add to the fork.
could you tell me what you did,
levers, emblems, etc?

Gold bits aka street bling! Lol
Rearsets: sato
Brake lines: speigler with gold banjos and gold fittings
Ebc xc rotors
Cheap gold valve stems
Levers: pazzo full length
Yamaha logos : signdezine.co.uk...custom 2 color (had to get 2 sets..got expensive..1 set would have been reasonable) mirrored gold overlaid with a darker yellow.(if you email him and ask for the custom gold..he should know what you are talking about..I sent him a pic of the forks)

And that's it..all the orange was going to be gold but I like the contrast and the SF Giants are my team so their color doesn't hurt lol

FZ8canuk

The set up I got is a Nitron rear shock about $680.00 and a Matris set up for the front. The Matris set up is totally custom built for your weight and is fully adjustable very high quality and only $800.00 for the complete set up including the springs cartages and oil I got it from PJ"s Performance parts, I believe they are in TN. They are a smaller shop with really good pricing I would give them a call.