Maybe a stupid question regarding manifold / exhaust

Arjwalker

Hi Guys,

So I've had to remove the exhaust so that I can replace the oil pan....

But I've noticed that a few of the bolts that screw in to the head and hold the clamps in place are a little bent? Is this normal or has someone over tightened these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Anthony

Umyaya

Probably. Mine were not bent at all.
Hi Guys,

So I've had to remove the exhaust so that I can replace the oil pan....

But I've noticed that a few of the bolts that screw in to the head and hold the clamps in place are a little bent? Is this normal or has someone over tightened these?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks
Anthony

Arjwalker

Yeah I didn't think so! It's kind of all making more sense now as I'm pretty sure that this would not have happened from factory so I'm guessing that someone has already removed the exhaust when they tried to repair the oil pan that they screwed up... Hence why I'm having to replace the pan now!

Thanks for your help.

Umyaya

Yeah I didn't think so! It's kind of all making more sense now as I'm pretty sure that this would not have happened from factory so I'm guessing that someone has already removed the exhaust when they tried to repair the oil pan that they screwed up... Hence why I'm having to replace the pan now!

Thanks for your help.

When I messed my oil pan up I installed a full akra exhaust. It suckrd and was super annoying. What was wrong with the oil pan before?

Arjwalker

I was doing an oil change and noticed that the oil plug was a little tight, turns out whoever put it in must have cross threaded it, as I pulled it out it stripped the thread. :(

I've got new pan coming so I am just getting the bike ready to swap straight over.

It seems that whoever had the bike before screwed everything up as even the clamps on the Exhausts are bent!

Umyaya

I was doing an oil change and noticed that the oil plug was a little tight, turns out whoever put it in must have cross threaded it, as I pulled it out it stripped the thread. :(

I've got new pan coming so I am just getting the bike ready to swap straight over.

It seems that whoever had the bike before screwed everything up as even the clamps on the Exhausts are bent!

Previous guy must of had a rough day at work or is fighting with his significant other lol just taking it out on the bolts and wrench ! Yeah my fz8 had some pretty tight bolts.