Matte Gray Ermax rad. cover/bellypan/seat cowl plus... extras

Fazer401

Heres the Ermax stuff,really nice, color is great. You have to install the little metal mesh in the air holes yourself which is a PITA. Imho I think the bellypan could cover a little more belly but I could understand how clearance issues could dictate that. The seat cowl is pretty cool, I like how it leaves the bum stop showing,it was hard to close the back seat with the cowl on, and the manual and led box for tail under the seat so I removed the manual,no big deal. The radiator covers I think make the biggest difference,they really continue the shape of the bike nicely,hide the sides of the rad. completely, AND hide most of the front,you just dont see it anymore...nice. They'll look even better better with the steel mesh sprayed matte black that goes inside the air holes and I was too lazy to install after taking forever to do the mesh in the bellypan lol. Be nice fellas, thats my old lady :)

D

Deleted member 438

Fazer401, the bike is looking awesome, and so is the model. I called frog specialties a while back and that ermax stuff is really pricy. What did you pay and where did you get the stuff?

highoctane

Canyon Carver
Heres the Ermax stuff,really nice, color is great. You have to install the little metal mesh in the air holes yourself which is a PITA. Imho I think the bellypan could cover a little more belly but I could understand how clearance issues could dictate that. The seat cowl is pretty cool, I like how it leaves the bum stop showing,it was hard to close the back seat with the cowl on, and the manual and led box for tail under the seat so I removed the manual,no big deal. The radiator covers I think make the biggest difference,they really continue the shape of the bike nicely,hide the sides of the rad. completely, AND hide most of the front,you just dont see it anymore...nice. They'll look even better better with the steel mesh sprayed matte black that goes inside the air holes and I was too lazy to install after taking forever to do the mesh in the bellypan lol. Be nice fellas, thats my old lady :)

Now why wouldnt we be nice:D

BunGhoLeo

Might just be me, but the extra plastic just takes away from the street fighter look. Starts to look to much like an fz :p

C

Camo

I just want to know how you convince the missus it's a great Idea that she sports a bikini down the local car park to help model your bike?
I just hit my wife up to model my bike in the garage and she laughed at me... 7ish months pregnant in a bikini on a cold winters day didn't appeal to her for some reason??

I'm still a big fan of the rad fairings, fighter or not they look sick!

Fazer401

Well, thanks for all the positive comments guys. On color, yes they match very well, I'd imagine they're using color coded auto paint so no room for error. If I had a black '11 I'd probably go with the Yammy cowl, it's in the US and the color has to be right. I did get them from FROG SPECIALTIES, he gave me a discount for buying multiple pieces so all 3 came to about 500 bucks. Cheap no, but colormatched, nice Euro parts. The fit was as good as you can expect for aftermarket stuff and better than many, I had to tweak one bracket a hair to get it just right, and the left side rad guard fit juuuust a bit better than the right,but only I would notice and only if I was looking. The rad guard design is really nice, they have a rubber moulding on one edge which slips up and under the tank so it looks like its meant to be there. The belly pan doesn't cover much pipe really, the 3rd pic angle makes it look like it does. It's nowhere near touching pipes, they mount to brackets that mount to the sides of the engine case, near the oil window rt side, hard hose left side. If you're worried about heat though, line the inside with reflective foil. As for looks, yeah it blurs the line a bit between sport and streetfighter but the FZ8 is supposed to do that no? And I think it's still blatantly "streetfighterish", maybe even a little meaner with the angular plastics. Now the pipe, yes super mean sound and revs up nice, very tunable (add or remove any of 9 plates) and designed for no PC. Get one at the introductory price while you can (they ask for pics after install hence my model lmao), the regular price is like $50 more I think.