Map question for FZ8

kjonas75

Hi,

Been a while since I have ben on these forums.

I am running an 2011 FZ8 here inAustralia.
Currently have Graves Slip On, AirBox Mod and K&N Filter and Power Commander 5 with O2 Optimizer.

I am using map "22-0400 - European Akapovic Racing Slip-on, Stock Air, O2 Optimizer" which I got from the official website, and this seems to be the richest map I can find. Bike runs great and no flat spots, but I haven't checked the plugs yet (soon).

I heard good things about Jumbo's new 2013 map, and compared to the 22-0400 map I am using, Jumbo's seems much leaner.

Crazy Dogs suggested I use the European maps for the Power Commander, as they are better suited to the Australian version of the bike.

Why is the 22-0400 map so much richer compared to Jumbo's ?
Am I safe to run Jombo's map on the Australian version of the FZ8 ?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Kjonas75

kjonas75

OK, did a bit of research on the Official Dynojet Website, and seems in fact the US maps are different to the European maps.

Dynojet Research Inc. Power Commander V

Maps Only
If I live in the United States can I use one of the European maps?
Dynojet offers different maps for the US market and the European market due to the differences in the fuels. In most cases the fuel available in Europe will make a bike run much richer than the fuel available in the US. For this reason we recommend that you use a map that coincides with the region in that you live in. Although we have seen some European maps work well for US bikes so it may be worth trying.

master paper clip

I was using a euro map on my bike to begin with then got the jumbo map, and there are alot of guys I know in Australia running the jumbo map with no issues