Luggage options for FZ8

FZ8canuk

No the Blaze bags come with rain covers that you slip over the outside.
Not sure how well they work as I have not used them so far.

ticks

Oh.. I see.. But still a hassle if u have to pull over and slip those rain covers on and get on again..

Emohawk

To the poster who was looking for a Canadian online retailer, Canadas Motorcycle has a number of options. They sell Cortech Super 2.0 & a number of interesting Nelson-Rigg options. I've been considering the Nelson-Rigg CL-905's or maybe the CL-850's for much more volume.

mckshred

SW Connection Bags

I have the Blaze bags on my FZ8 and I love them!
It has the best anchoring system out there for soft bags they absolutely do not move empty or full and easy to remove and re-install ,I am trying to find a set for my wife's FZ6R.
Although they are a bit on the small side they work well for everyday rides and I am sure you could get enough in them for a weekend trip I would recommend them to anyone.

I agree on all points. I haven't ridden in weather yet, but they are about as easy to use as could be possible. I'd imagine putting on a rain suit would take longer than covering the bags.

As for practical sizing information: My average size laptop (11" x 13.5") fits if I sit it at an angle inside. A rolled up rain suit takes up about a 1/3rd of 1 bag, so I can easily see enough room for clothing to last a weekend or longer with both bags. When I ride, I don't even know they are on the bike. I have to double-check in the mirrors. They don't budge.