Lubricating Throttle Cables and Grip

RoadKill

Looking in the service manual it says:

"Hold the cable end upright and pour a few drops of lubricant into the cable sheath or use a suitable lubricating device."

There are two cables and it does not say where and how to disconnect them.

How do i lube the grip and cables?

reALIGNed

you need to remove the throttle pipe from the handle bar (by unscrewing the start button switch assy.), here you will see the two cables that lead into the sleeves, at this location, is where you put the drops of oil, and also, with the throttle pipe removed from the bar end, apply a thin coat of grease.

DLSGAP

I used to have a cable luber... It's a little piece that holds onto the inner part of the cable and you hook up your tube from the lube and it forces it down the cable to lube it

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk

RoadKill

thanks everyone i will give it a shot tomorrow. I have lubed the clutch cables many times with the tool, but the throttle cables were stumping me.

RoadKill

that could be a cool group buy... one thing at a time, gotta get my new lamp put in by rabbit first :)

just used it on my 8 and it is much easier than using the motion pro device.
BUT, i would like a reusable syringe it would be much cheaper than buying a kit every 4000 miles to lube my cables.

Marthy

I ordered some, worked great on the clutch cable. Where the hell can you insert the syringe into the throttle cables?

If you cycle is like mine, remove the bottom cover of the throttle handle. You will see the opening on the 90 degree of the cable... 2 phillips screw.

lyric911

If you cycle is like mine, remove the bottom cover of the throttle handle. You will see the opening on the 90 degree of the cable... 2 phillips screw.

I had the cover off the throttle cables. I wish I had taken a picture, but where the sheath starts, the needle tip thing wouldn't fit in.