Lower handlebars

Ivy33

Have any of you replaced your handlebars? I'm 6'1" and the stock bars are bent too high and back for my arm length so I want to find something that gives me more of a forward lean without having to rest my upper-body weight on my hands. Any suggestions?

Something like this: http://www.flickr.com/photos/officialtriumph/5184406000/

(On a side note, I tried to upload a picture of some bars that are more of what I'm looking for but my uploads keep failing. The file size is well below the size limit but still no go.)

Last edited:

lothodon

Super Moderator
the bitch you'll have changing bars is all the locator pins on the factory stuff. clutch mount, control boxes, mirror mounts, kill switch... all have pins to locate. you'll have to grind them off but you could go with a set of drag bars (plain straight). i'm 6'4" myself and it's just right for me as i don't want the lean, had too much of that on my r1.

ebay has some nice aftermarket bars though, if i could just remember the manufacturer. i'll post if i can dig it out of my attic of a brain.

daniel327

the bitch you'll have changing bars is all the locator pins on the factory stuff. clutch mount, control boxes, mirror mounts, kill switch... all have pins to locate. you'll have to grind them off

You could always drill the required holes to accomodate the locator pins.

Ivy33

Those look pretty close to Rizoma Conicals.

http://ep.yimg.com/ca/I/motostrano_2163_26992107

Thanks. Yeah, they look nice.

I also found these. One of these may be more of what I'm looking for.

Ivy33

the bitch you'll have changing bars is all the locator pins on the factory stuff. clutch mount, control boxes, mirror mounts, kill switch... all have pins to locate. you'll have to grind them off but you could go with a set of drag bars (plain straight). i'm 6'4" myself and it's just right for me as i don't want the lean, had too much of that on my r1.

ebay has some nice aftermarket bars though, if i could just remember the manufacturer. i'll post if i can dig it out of my attic of a brain.

Do you mean that you have the drag bars on your FZ8 or do you mean that the stock setup is just right? If you have the drag bars, do you have any pictures you can post?

lothodon

Super Moderator
sorry i mistyped. i don't have any issues with the stock bars myself, but i'm coming off an r1 (two actually) so the upright is what i specifically was after. i just meant i thought straight (drag) bars would be tits.

the bars i was thinking of are renthal. knew i'd remember once i got the cobwebs out of the OLD noggin'.

Bause

[lang=de]Hi,

i just put on another handlebar to my FZ8 - it is the RIZOMA non conical one.

The holes for the clutch mounts, mirrors etc became drilled by myself - no problem becaus it is aluminium, which is not very solid.

[/lang]

Bause

Hi,

don't know exactly the data of the original bar, but it is about 4cm wider and about 2cm lower.

When driving you feel the difference very good.

I would have chosen an even wider bar, but then you would have to replace all the cables :

Last edited: