Loss of power shortly after break in.

dtbrown

Hi I was wondering if any of you guys have experienced a sudden loss of power. I'm at about 1200 miles and I stopped to get gas and when I left the station the bike felt neutered, all the torque seemed to have gone into hiding. The dealer says there's nothing wrong with it but I'm going to see if they'll let me test drive one there to see if there is a difference.

Anyways. Just wondering if anyone else has this problem.

Ok after reading this post I now know I'm not crazy. I just got mine a little over a month ago and last week was my first oil change along with the suggested check over and adjustments. And the next couple times I've taken it out after tune up I noticed a power loss but maybe thought it was in my head and that I'm just getting used to the bike.

The mid range torque seems to have dropped a bit among other rpm ranges before and after.

Just funny that your experience is almost exactly same as mine. But it probably is that we're getting used to the power as well.

I'm thinking of calling the dealer to see exactly what was done but now after reading this I feel that it's not all in my head.

Harrywz

Ok after reading this post I now know I'm not crazy. I just got mine a little over a month ago and last week was my first oil change along with the suggested check over and adjustments. And the next couple times I've taken it out after tune up I noticed a power loss but maybe thought it was in my head and that I'm just getting used to the bike.

The mid range torque seems to have dropped a bit among other rpm ranges before and after.

Just funny that your experience is almost exactly same as mine. But it probably is that we're getting used to the power as well.

I'm thinking of calling the dealer to see exactly what was done but now after reading this I feel that it's not all in my head.

All the first 600mi/1000km check is a glorified oil/filter change. The bike is inspected, clutch travel checked/adjusted, make sure there are no loose bolts/nuts, chain tension, tire pressure, lights, horn, turn signal. Listen for any unusual sounds, test ride. These bikes don't require valve lash checks until 26,600m/42,000km. Thats about 4 - 5 years for the average rider.

dtbrown

All the first 600mi/1000km check is a glorified oil/filter change. The bike is inspected, clutch travel checked/adjusted, make sure there are no loose bolts/nuts, chain tension, tire pressure, lights, horn, turn signal. Listen for any unusual sounds, test ride. These bikes don't require valve lash checks until 26,600m/42,000km. Thats about 4 - 5 years for the average rider.

Yeah that's what I was told about the first inspection but I think it was worth it since this is my first bike and after I got it back I noticed small things that were better. Shifting from first to second was much better along with the clutch lever adjustment helped.