Looking to change sprockets/chain suggestions

changonyx

I'm pretty convinced that I want to go with a 520 conversion and 15/46 setup. I've looked all over. Vortex and Driven seem to not be able to help, so I'm here to ask the real professionals. Anyone make this switch? if so, what sprockets / chain did you use... Links would be GREAT!!! Thanks, and Ride Safe!

RoadKill

i am getting a new OEM chain and sprockets installed next week. Just curious why you are converting, what are the benifits?

b-eock

Take some weight away, but you also lose some tensile strength.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk

RoadKill

Changing the Chain is mostly for weight... Sprocket change will change his ratio and give him better acceleration

i was considering the ratio change before i went with all OEM but did want to get a speedo healer. plus the higher revs at freeway speed.

Never thought people would want to save that little amount of weight.

9 Lives

Every pound u can drop on a bike is worth it... When your all about power to weight ratio even just 5 pounds can make a difference

I would rather just loose 5 pounds myself that putting on a smaller and weaker chain. There are many other places to loose weight that won't effect the strength of the bike. Personally I would put on the 530 if I was going to upgrade.

master paper clip

I would rather just loose 5 pounds myself that putting on a smaller and weaker chain. There are many other places to loose weight that won't effect the strength of the bike. Personally I would put on the 530 if I was going to upgrade.

If u buy a quality product u have nothing to worry about, plus it's less mass the motor has to spin, witch in turn makes the motor rev easier.. There more benefits then just weight loss,