Looking for exhaust

esapper95

Looking for an exhaust for my 2013 fz8. I mainly want a carbon fiber one but will consider any. Yoshimura or 2 brothers preferred. Have cash in hand!

Bagman

Coffman is brand name and $135 is possibly cheaper than Yosh used. However, it's totally up to you. :)

esapper95

thanks for the reply's! Im looking into the Dan-moto but im really stuck on the R77 or 2 bros. Coffman is too loud and looks kinda funny IMO

nwwhiteh

I have the R77D on mine and I love it. Save up and spend for the Yosh. It sounds great and looks good to boot. 11178199_10205710358055446_5710668293900616558_n.jpg

HeresMyMind

I Second, the Yoshi! I had the R77 and loved it as well. the R77D is slightly quieter, but if you want to be quiet the R77 also has a silencer that makes it as quiet as stock

-B

tout1jn

I have the R77 and it's great. Looks and sounds great. Someone on here put a Vance Hines one on that looked awesome, that would be my second pick after the R77.

esapper95

I gave up and ended up buying a brand new R77D. I love it! I thought it might not be loud enough from the reviews online but its perfect! I got the stainless with carbon fiber tip and it looks amazing. Now I'm waiting on my juice box pro to come in and then ill order a header. Any suggestions? The only one ive seen that is just a header is Arrow racing. Any review on that?

Bagman

I believe Akra makes a header as well. IMO, look to suspension or a simple ECU flash as money better spent than a pro Allen's Apple Juice juice box or headers. But, it's your bike. Do as you wish and enjoy it!

esapper95

I believe Akra makes a header as well. IMO, look to suspension or a simple ECU flash as money better spent than a pro Allen's Apple Juice juice box or headers. But, it's your bike. Do as you wish and enjoy it!

Honestly the only reason I got the JBP is because I got a decent deal on it from this forum. I figured id end up buying one eventually anyway. So for $120 i couldn't pass it up. The only reason i want a header is to get rid of the cat and i hate the way the factory header tarnishes. I have less than 1000 miles on my bike and its already not coming clean. It looks especially bad next to the polished Yoshimura pipe IMO. But I see where you're coming from on suspension. I think i will do that before header. Ive heard race tech for the front and a Fz1 shock in the rear. Is it worth it to change the rear on the 2013? I know they put a different shock on it. Ive heard a lot of people complain about the soft suspension but mine dosent seem too bad. It could be that I haven't really got on it in the corners though.

Keach

Honestly the only reason I got the JBP is because I got a decent deal on it from this forum. I figured id end up buying one eventually anyway. So for $120 i couldn't pass it up. The only reason i want a header is to get rid of the cat and i hate the way the factory header tarnishes. I have less than 1000 miles on my bike and its already not coming clean. It looks especially bad next to the polished Yoshimura pipe IMO. But I see where you're coming from on suspension. I think i will do that before header. Ive heard race tech for the front and a Fz1 shock in the rear. Is it worth it to change the rear on the 2013? I know they put a different shock on it. Ive heard a lot of people complain about the soft suspension but mine dosent seem too bad. It could be that I haven't really got on it in the corners though.

I just got the arrows and had them ceramic coated black. Didn't want to gut the cat and not have an original exhaust should I ever have to go back. The yosh is quite a bit louder/throatier with the headers (I just compared to another fz8 with the same yosh and stock headers) and it sounds awesome. At idle they sound the same but rev it and it's a lot louder. If ur not worried about reverting back to stock, gutting the cat and painting or ceramic coating the stock headers would be a good option.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

HeresMyMind

The good news is your 2013 Rear shock is better than the FZ1 shock. the spring rate is stiffer than the 2010-2012 FZ8s and now it has a dampening adjustment. The FZ1 rear spring is much higher and better for +1 riding. I am 215lbs with gear, I adjusted the sag height with the spring, then stiffened the dampening 3 clicks to stiffer, and the bike is like a completely new bike. the front shocks are more than adequate if you have them adjusted right. bring it to a shop to set it all up for you.

-B

esapper95

Are you running a JBP or any other tuner? I don't want to gut the cat for the same reason. When I sell the bike ill probably put all the stock parts back on so it dosent look like I beat the shit out of my bike. How does the arrow header look without being painted? Is it real stainless like the Yosh or more like the factory header? I love the look of polished stainless and would prefer not to paint it. Did you notice a difference in performance as well?I know its not going to gain a lot but I'd think just removing the cat would free up some ponies!

BTW Keach, I like the look of your blacked out exhaust. Did you paint the stainless part of your Yosh?

a-rode

I gave up and ended up buying a brand new R77D. I love it! I thought it might not be loud enough from the reviews online but its perfect! I got the stainless with carbon fiber tip and it looks amazing. Now I'm waiting on my juice box pro to come in and then ill order a header. Any suggestions? The only one ive seen that is just a header is Arrow racing. Any review on that?

I highly recommend an ECU Flash over a JBP or PCV FWIW

esapper95

I highly recommend an ECU Flash over a JBP or PCV FWIW

what exactly is the difference? From what ive heard they do the same thing but with a JBP you can load multiple tunes and switch fairly easily. Is ECU flashing reversible say if i remove my exhaust when i sell the bike?

a-rode

what exactly is the difference? From what ive heard they do the same thing but with a JBP you can load multiple tunes and switch fairly easily. Is ECU flashing reversible say if i remove my exhaust when i sell the bike?

There are huge threads on this here and the other forum, so i wont get into details. overall the add on computer grabs and interrupts fuel signals, there are some places it cannot do this as well (4-6k i think?) The flash actually changes the ECU to reduce engine breaking, AIS, Increase Rev limiter, turn the fans on at a lower temp and more. The ECU Flash puts one map on, it can be reverted back to stock by whoever did it for you. While you cannot change the map, you get a much more effective result IMO.

Try the threads over at FZ8 Central and see what you think.

Keach

Are you running a JBP or any other tuner? I don't want to gut the cat for the same reason. When I sell the bike ill probably put all the stock parts back on so it dosent look like I beat the shit out of my bike. How does the arrow header look without being painted? Is it real stainless like the Yosh or more like the factory header? I love the look of polished stainless and would prefer not to paint it. Did you notice a difference in performance as well?I know its not going to gain a lot but I'd think just removing the cat would free up some ponies!

BTW Keach, I like the look of your blacked out exhaust. Did you paint the stainless part of your Yosh?

I have turbojoe's full exhaust ecu flash. Prior to the arrows I had Flashtune's slipon flash. I feel like the headers opened up the midrange and probably added a few HP, but yeah nothing totally crazy.

As for the finish of the arrow headers, I wasn't a huge fan, but I knew I was going to ceramic coat them. They aren't polished like the yosh pipe is. I plasti dipped my yosh pipe. Had planned to ceramic coat it (and still might) but I didn't want to deal with drilling out all the rivets since it is the carbon fiber covered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk