Levers too big?

Jacek3743

So I just received my clutch and brake lever from eBay and they look really nice and sturdy but the lever itself feels pretty bulky. I can't put it on the bike and see how they feel since it's locked up in storage but was wondering if anyone else bought eBay lever and how theirs feel and look

A

AndyDehnRules

I have them on two bikes, assuming it is the same ebay ones, and I love them both! Not sure if you posted a pic (firewall blocks em at work), but mine were something like 30 bucks. I got the shorty ones in black with gold adjusters for the FZ8.

Jacek3743

I gotta post them up but yup, probably same ones even same color =P. Do you have pictures of yours?

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

eggserronius

Don't be surprised if the lever doesn't fit into the housing. I know alot of guys had to file down the lever so it will slide into the slot to bolt it in.

Jacek3743

Don't be surprised if the lever doesn't fit into the housing. I know alot of guys had to file down the lever so it will slide into the slot to bolt it in.

Oh, that's not what I was talking about but I'll have to look into that also. Thanks! I meant like the actual lever you wrap your fingers around is pretty thick compared to stock

A

AndyDehnRules

Sure, here are a couple:

I didn't have any problem fitting mine, no filing required. I haven't ridden with them on my FZ8 yet (except in the garage a bit, rocking back and forth), but I have them on my FZ1 and they worked great.

MikeC

Weekend Rider
Sure, here are a couple:

I didn't have any problem fitting mine, no filing required. I haven't ridden with them on my FZ8 yet (except in the garage a bit, rocking back and forth), but I have them on my FZ1 and they worked great.

I've got the EXACT Same ones. I found the up and down play very aggravating so I took them apart and wrapped the bushing in teflon tape, shoved them back in, and that took care of some of the loose wobbly feeling.

I also rounded the clutch cable channel on the left side. I read a post about the sharp edges can cut through the cable.

to the OP, yah they're definitely a little "thicker" than the oem ones but it's got a nice feel, you'll get used to it.

Jacek3743

Okay, sweet, that's also good to know about them possibly cutting the cable. Thanks! When I first felt them, I got a little skeptical if my fingers would be able to grip them but we'll see how they fit on the bike!