Led indicators

black8

Can anyone tell me im thinking about fitting some led cators,will i need a relay to reduce the flash rate?

jonnyedwards1981

I have motodynamics rear led and fitted flush fit r1 front LEDs. I purchased a resistor for the front but before putting everything together tried then without it to see how quick the flash rate was. Turned them on and flash rate was completely normal so ended up fitting without the resistors

black8

did you try the indicators before fitting the rear light,rear light might have built in resistors therefor reducing flash rate.

sinclap2

Lazy
If you do have the fast flashing issue, both methods work. However, it is easier to replace the single relay (which is plug'n'play) rather than having to add the individual resistors to each of the indicators. Plus (so i am told) the resistors can get hot.

A

AndyDehnRules

I did not need the resistors or flasher, but I don't know if any were built in because the rear ones were already installed, I suppose he could have put a relay in too. I installed the front flush mount ones without anything and all was still well.