leave the spool on ?

9 Lives

yea no reason not to leave them on all the time, use some red locktite and you will be good to go.

Only use red locktite if you never plan on taking them off, ever. Blue will work just fine in case you do decide to take them off later.

Last edited:

krillz

Removing the rear tire is a pain with the spools and a rear stand. Backing the nut off hits the stand. Mine anyway.

Larry P

hi there , i was wondering if we can leave the spool on all the time !? my friend have a z1000 and cant because of the exhaust..

I was shopiing on ebay for spool , and i found a pair , but they seems to be a little big

6mm RED Carbon Fiber Swingarm Sliders Spools FOR Yamaha ZF R6 YZF R1 | eBay

so yea , i was wondering if i could let them on all the time.. if not , ill just buy some regular spool ..

Well obviously the problem is your friend has a Z1000 :D

I bought the GYTR spools and I can't say they've ever been in the way.

Woody146

Banned
hi there , i was wondering if we can leave the spool on all the time !? my friend have a z1000 and cant because of the exhaust..

I was shopiing on ebay for spool , and i found a pair , but they seems to be a little big

6mm RED Carbon Fiber Swingarm Sliders Spools FOR Yamaha ZF R6 YZF R1 | eBay

so yea , i was wondering if i could let them on all the time.. if not , ill just buy some regular spool ..

He is probably using spool sliders...you just want spools...I am running lockhart Philips and they were cheap (under 10$) and they are black, and they are slim..never had a problem with them or the pitbull stand.

pigdog

a little trick with red lockttite. don't put in on the end of your bolt. a drop at the top of the bolt, 1 or 2 threads on to where the locktite just disappears will make removal easier even if heating the bolt head is necessary.