Lay in Course for Intro, Engage

Hey everyone. My name is Mike from Sacramento and I just picked up a 2012 FZ8. I love the matte gray and black color scheme. So far the bike is everything I want it to be. Handles amazing and is pretty dang comfortable. The engine is a high-reving beast with a character all it's own. My first bike was a 2004 FZ6 so Im no stranger to the FZ family. I've also had a Speed Triple (sold) and just recently sold my R6(in my avatar) as well. I'm looking to make the FZ an adept sport tourer/commuter/occasional trackday do-it-all machine. I have a DR650 for my more dirty and adventurous rides and it seems like the FZ8 will fill the hole in my garage lineup perfectly. Looking to upgrade the suspension, bars, add hard luggage racks w/sidecases, switch out the huge exhaust can and maybe a corbin seat. Add a Givi windshield and its good to go. Can't wait to start upgrading this amazing machine. I rode it to work this morning and it made me want to keep on going, past the office, until forever. If mothers can get maternity leave to bond with their new baby then why can't we get "new bike leave" to bond with our new machine? :D
Hope to see you peeps on the road. Any recommendations for smart mods and "must-have" farkles would be appreciated. :yes:

jzfz8

Welcome to the club, I'm also from the sacramento area. Saw another '12 fz8 at cycle gear a couple months back. I'm thinking this wasn't you but maybe I'll see you around someday.

Welcome to the club, I'm also from the sacramento area. Saw another '12 fz8 at cycle gear a couple months back. I'm thinking this wasn't you but maybe I'll see you around someday.

Nah that wasn't me. I just picked up my fz on Saturday. I try to avoid Cycle Gear as much as possible. My self-control goes out the window in that place. :sinister: Hope to see you around too!

D

Deleted member 438

Welcome!!! The FZ8 can handle any street situation including track days.

C

Camo

Grats on your new purchase, new bike leave sounds farking awesome!! You should come and run for prime minister here in oz ;)

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone! California love :cheers:

P.S. Just got a gold radiator guard shipped and Givi engine guards are coming soon. Gotta armor up my new lady. :tup:

Upgrades:
Swingarm Spool sliders
Givi Engine Guards
Radiator Guard

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

F

Fazed

Grats on your new purchase, new bike leave sounds farking awesome!! You should come and run for prime minister here in oz ;)

A monkey can easily do a better job than our current one and have more integrity. I just want to never hear her voice ever again.

Anyway back on topic.......

Nice bike you have there, I love the matt black colour. If it was available here I would have got that.

Last edited by a moderator: