L.E.D Headlights on fz8?

FastZ8

I've been looking around online after a friend of mine bought a honda grom and I found these and I'm wondering if anyone has done anything like this on an FZ8 for a headlight setup? image.jpgimage.jpg

a-rode

I've seen bikes with them, mostly in the thrashed Gixxer category or "street fighters".

Personally I am not a fan of the look, but the light output was decent.

I just did a projector retrofit on my 8 and love it!

HeresMyMind

So the LED bulbs are just like putting a random HID bulb in your bikes stock reflector, The optics for the reflector are not designed for the LED. You will get massive glare, and the light on the road wont be concentrated in the right areas. not to mention you will lose your proper high beam. Just spend the money and do a proper retrofit with a HID projector. Parts and labor can get you one for around 250$. Which isnt that much in comparison to 400-900$ exhausts that just yield sound without adding a 200-500$ tune. If you ride a lot at night the safety of having a good headlight can't be cheaped-out on.

Here is my output of my retrofit I did on my bike. It uses OEM bulb/Ballast/ and a mini d2s 3.0 Projector

-B

*side note the LED lights on that grom are not DOT approved and the output wont be nearly as good as a projector retrofit

10505416_10152491808947110_2164947000445120838_n.jpg10543653_10152523696582110_4078186887254251370_n.jpg

Lambo

I'm looking to buy led bulb off cyclopsadventuresports.com. Just ordering an h4 and seeing how it goes. I'll get back to you. It's at a relatively good price and comes with resistor.

IanLeMasters

Unless those lights are made by rigid. Then they will be brighter than anything on the street. So bright that road sight reflections blind you. ;)this I know for a fact.

HeresMyMind

It doesnt matter how bright they are if they aren't focused or aimed right.... a 50 watt hid DL50 in a good projector will be brighter and way better focused compared to any LED light that will fight on the bike. road sign reflection has more to do with aiming, than brightness

-B

Marthy

I'm looking to buy led bulb off cyclopsadventuresports.com. Just ordering an h4 and seeing how it goes. I'll get back to you. It's at a relatively good price and comes with resistor.
I got one from Tripage for my FZ6R. (FZ09 led bulb). I was a bit sceptical about ot but gave it a shot anyway. Light is very bright white and from low beam to high beam I don't loose the close range like a normal bulb. I have the HID projector on my FZ09 and from sitting on the bike... I can't tell a dang difference between both.

LED bulb claim 3000 lumens. Feel about right. The LED bulb gors in and have a small wire coming from the back. Once in you out the big rubber booth (oem) then screw in a heat dissipator. Tye rap the small transfo and plug it in the oem loom. All very small and won't be an issue to fit on a naked bike like the FZ8. Compare to the HID kit... if you did it you kmow what I mean. Very busy with all the loom and boxes.

Lambo

I got the h4 led bulb installed on my fz8 (3800 lumens),,,,,beats the hell out of the stock bulb by far!!!!

jerek.see

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk