K&N: procedure to change the air filter?. Anyone?

Ignacio-Arg

Hi guys. Does anyone has a guide or something like that to see step by step how to change the air filter? Got a K&N, but I dont know how to change it

Thanks!

master paper clip

Remove the 4 bolts around the tank cowl, remove that, there should be an Allen bolt on both sides of the tank, remove them, under the driver seat near the back corners your gonna have to push the seat out of the way for these there are 2 bolts u remove them to remove the driver seat, now u can prop up the tank and remove all the Philips head screws around the air box, don't forget the one in the center, or if u wanna remove the tank disconnect the line and the electrical connectors, and at the base of the tank there is a bolt to remove to take the tank off completely, hope it helps, I don't have photos of the procedure sorry

G Chase

Pillion
Put a K&N filter in my bike recently. Air box does not close all the way with this filter and it IS installed correctly. I have a significant gap on each side of the air box just waiting to let crap directly into the stacks. Tried to file the steel plate that K&N supplies narrower so as not to interfere with box but no much change. I also own a 2012 FZ1 and the forum for that bike some members with the same gap problem. Check it out. K&N engineering has been contacted by FZ1 owners but no solution yet. I sent them an email myself but they pretend to know nothing about it. They asked me to send photos of the gap and of the stock filter I already tossed the stock filter and don't feel like wasting time with K&N. Surprised to see no mention of this in this forum, unless my search method is wrong.

K & N Filter Fitting - Yamaha FZ1 Forums - International FZ1 Motorcycle Community Forum

So it's BMC filter time for me... They are said to fit properly and are good filters. BMC Part # FM456/04 for FZ8 AND FZ1

STANDARD BIKE FILTERS FM456/04 | BMC AIR FILTERS