K&N gear

B

bren

I have been thinking about a K&N air filter and saw that they do oil filters too... Anyone think there is any benefit in the oil filter? More performance/power?

W

WARPTH

A k&n oil filter will in no way increase performance or power.

highoctane

Canyon Carver
There are quite a few on here that run the air filter. I have used them in other vehicles and was not impressed. the cost of the filter vs performance gains was not significant for me. Not sure how much better your bike will be with one. also I use wix oil filters never used a k&n oil :2cents:

D

DJK1505

K&N oil filter has a tad better micron count i believe, not positive you would have to look at the data spec sheet on it and compare. For the cost and availability I use a wix, or fram TG, and you are changing your oil every 3K, as long as you are religious on your oil change I see no advantage of running a K&N oil filter.

The biggest advantage with the K&N air filter is it is reusable. So you are not spending 10 bucks extra every time you change your air filter. For 50 bucks its nice knowing you will never have to change your air filter again, just pick up a cleaning and oil set for 15 and you will never be without an air filter or a way to clean it. Just be careful when putting the new oil on the filter, you do not want to add too much oil. Just a very light coat.

DJ

master paper clip

I never liked k&n really, hate cleaning and oiling those things, do we have and aftermarket dry filters for our bike, I know some company's make them for cars.. same as k&n but u don't have to oil them

B

bren

Thanks guys!

I will skip the oil filter.

I did put a K&N air filter in my 2008 Suzuki SV650. I could notice the difference when taking off- but not at high end speeds. I think i would get one again.

F

Fazed

I'm only getting a K&N air filter when it comes time to replace the original filter. I'm only getting one because it is reusable as the performance gain is very minimal.

There is a old thread about oil filters which has a link to a guy that has tested various brands and gave his opinion on them with pictures too. The genuine Yamaha one didn't fair very well from memory.

Last edited by a moderator: