K&N air filter - do I have to re-map?

Jwood9

Ive also had this question about my exhaust. I just put on a Vance and hines CS1 and have the popping when i decal. I personally like the sound, should i re map or get a pcv? Thanks

master paper clip

Ive also had this question about my exhaust. I just put on a Vance and hines CS1 and have the popping when i decal. I personally like the sound, should i re map or get a pcv? Thanks

The poping is the ais, has nothin to do with the exhaust, U don't have to tune the bike for an exhaust or new air filter but if u wanna take full advantage of the mods yes get a pcv, it well worth the investment

D

DJK1505

There is no issue with running a slip on and high flo filter with the stock map. You ecm has slight adjustments it does with your stock O2 sensor, you will not have the full benifits of the slip on and filter without having it mapped, but you dont have to get a new map. Wait till you have money for the PCV, autotune, modded your flies, gutted your cat, etc. before you remap.

DJ

jeffcali

i did the 2 bros slip on, k&n filter, and smog block off install.

i didn't do the airbox mod as i thought this would induce the exhaust pop due to too much air flow.

the bike runs great with a solid linear pull.

no power commander yet, but it's in the future.

i haven't tested the top end yet, but would imagine i could get another 10mph out of her.

my fuel consumption is better...i get another 20 miles of range out of the take now.

which saves me half a gallon or roughly $2.25 a day, $11.25 a week, $45 a month, or $2,340 a year in gas!!!

f&ck california emissions bullsh!t!!!

:mad:

Ignacio-Arg

Thanks jeffcali for your post. I'm waiting for the exhaust now. In a few days i'm gonna install the exhaust and the K&N air filter.

I tested my bike against a ZX6 a few days ago, just to see the difference before and after. I hope to film the next test. If I do, I will posted here

Jwood9

Just curious for anyone who has done this mod... Did you have to order the filter from yamaha or is this something the dealer MIGHT have in stock? Im wondering if i should just order it before i go on a wild chase for this part.