Just thought I'd finally introduce my 8

rcs530

Hi guys, I've been creepin around the forum for awhile but never took the time to introduce myself and the bike so here we go. I'm from the Green Bay WI area and bought my 8 used in fall of 2011. Mods/accessories so far include:

Evotech tail tidy
Evotech rad guard
Motodynamic rear brake light w/signals
Black Plasti-Dipped clutch and brake levers
Yamaha frame sliders
Kriega tail-bag
Moto MFG stand
Speedo DRD
K&N air filter
Air-box mod
Akrapovic slip-on
De-catted
Smog plates installed
PC5 - Looking for a map!!! ;)

I'm working on installing some LED turn signals in the stock mirrors (which is why my one mirror is removed in the pics). LEDs should be here tuesday next week. I may be in the market for someone's stock mirrors if that doesn't work out as planned lol. Forum has been awesome btw, lots of great info. Can't wait for spring!

H

Hoover

Welcome aboard mate. Another Cheesehead! The numbers keep climbing :cool:

Come down for the Crud Run and meet the rest of us!

Paralgin

Avid Rider
:welcome:

Im so interested in your center stand you have your bike on, what is the name on it? Would make things so much easyer if i got hold of one. How is the work hight?

rcs530

:welcome:

Im so interested in your center stand you have your bike on, what is the name on it? Would make things so much easyer if i got hold of one. How is the work hight?
MOTOMFG.COM

This is where I got the stand from, it is awesome for working on the bike! Just raises both tires a few inches off the ground. A little pricey but it's a well built unit and you could pay just as much for a good front and rear stand. Worth it IMO.

rcs530

rcs530, have you got a map yet?
Just the ones from the dynojet website. I just put pcv in over the winter so I haven't ridden the bike yet with it. Are there any differences between the U.S. and European model that the maps would be different? Maybe a little different fuel I suppose? Anyways it would be great if someone could hook me up with a map!

F

Fazed

MOTOMFG.COM

This is where I got the stand from, it is awesome for working on the bike! Just raises both tires a few inches off the ground. A little pricey but it's a well built unit and you could pay just as much for a good front and rear stand. Worth it IMO.

I don't think the stand it's self is pricey, but I got a shock at the $400 shipping price to Australia.

Paralgin

Avid Rider
I don't think the stand it's self is pricey, but I got a shock at the $400 shipping price to Australia.

Cant seem to find any dealers here in Norway, and i dont want to think about the shipping price.. yeye, have to let it go. Or, make my own :)

tiki

Cant seem to find any dealers here in Norway, and i dont want to think about the shipping price.. yeye, have to let it go. Or, make my own :)
well, its only 373 dollars to ship a 50 pound package to Norway from the US..How much does that thing weigh :p