Just ordered full akra exhaust

Fz2fast4u

Didnt see anyone one here that made the plunge so I figured what the hell. I purchased the full race exhaust with carbon muffler of eBay. Total was $1112. Should have it in a week or so and I'll let you guys know. I am going to order a k&n filter but will hold off on the power commander for right now.

D

Deleted member 438

You're really going to be changing the way the bike breathes; I don't think it will it will be good to run the bike without a proper tune.

Last edited by a moderator:

Fz2fast4u

Just ordered the k&n filter. Going to check price diff for the power commander on eBay vs local shop. If its close I'll buy from the shop and have them install it.

D

Deleted member 438

Don't have a shop instal it because it's super easy to do on your own. While you're at doing the PCV you can also disconnect the o2 sensor 'cause you don't be needing it later.

Fz2fast4u

So once the commander is connected the o2 sensor is not needed? I suppose once I get that hooked up I could download one of the maps on here untill I can hit the dyno.

Fz2fast4u

On the pc install it says if you leave the o2 sensor it will optimize the afr even without the auto tune. Is it still better to install our own map

D

Deleted member 438

The o2 sensor and o2 optimizer only operate in the cruising range, which is a rev range I hardly ever cruise in.

D

Deleted member 438

I finally installed my arrow header today. It fits nicely Akra slip on and it all went together with out a problem.

Fz2fast4u

Same here. Almost done with the full system but ran out of time before work. Did you notice a sound change from the header.

D

Deleted member 438

Same here. Almost done with the full system but ran out of time before work. Did you notice a sound change from the header.

I didn't get to start it because there's no battery in it yet. I'll probably get it out of storage and to a tuner next month. I'm sure it's going to sound meaner than before.

i heard you had to run a pc if you are running a full exhaust to get the propper hp and trq gains but also to run in the fuel to air "safe" zone both my friends one with a kawasaki z1000 and my buddy with his cbr600f4i both said when they changed the header they had to run a pc!

Fz2fast4u

I am going to place my order for the pc probably any time now. I'm in Connecticut do its still to cold for the tuner plus I think a snow mix is coming on fri night :(

lol i feel so sorry for you a snow mix! lol i have 3.5 feet of snow on the ground here!

Our winter has been crazy also all over the map! One day it's -29 and the next it's -3 that's in Celsius of course!!!! I live in northern Ontario Canada

Fz2fast4u

Started it up today. Def has a deeper tone. I still have the db killer in I am going to wait till I ride it to see how loud it's going to be

Fz2fast4u

Went for a short ride today just to check it out. Has a nice deeper tone with the db killer in. I am going to take it out to see the diff. I can def notice more power down low which is nice. I will have the Pcv in probably the next day or two. Most likely will just get a tune from here to start. It's still cold here like in the 30's. I wan to wait untill it gets above 60 before I go get in tuned.