Just completed first service pics

hxd148

Well like the title says I just passed my first service and I already started tearing into my bike, I've been sick so I havent had as much time to ride as I would have liked but this week is looking good. Here are some pics of my new baby!

Shorted

She's looking good man! If you don't mind me asking, What kind of bar end mirrors are those? Are you happy with them?

hxd148

They are Oberon street fighter bar end mirrors. There a little small but they offer a good field of view and I think they look a lot better than the crg's. I had them laying around for my Bonneville but I traded that bike on the fz8 so I figured I'd give them a shot.

I had to mod them but they ended up working real well with the stock handlebar plugs once I removed the expander plug and cut off the extension that goes inside the bar. Also you have to get shorter bolts. Overall I really like the look and functionality. You could also just switch to hollow bars but I like screwing them directly to the stock handlebar plugs because it seems like a stronger setup.

Suave96

Well like the title says I just passed my first service and I already started tearing into my bike, I've been sick so I havent had as much time to ride as I would have liked but this week is looking good. Here are some pics of my new baby!

I agree, the bike looks great! Are those motodynamic turn signals? Were they ard to install?

hxd148

Thanks for the comments, yeah its the motodynamic tail light and its pretty much just plug and play. The hardest part is taking off the tail cowl but even that is pretty easy. Just follow the instructions and you cant go wrong. Also if you have front led turn signals your gonna need a new flasher relay to slow down the blink rate, I got one from custom led for mine.

BigD

are you aware of a how to with regards to removing the bar end expander plugs that the end weights screw into? I have some bar end mirrors and would like to fit them...

cheers
Dan

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk

hxd148

I didnt actually remove the plugs in the stock bar. I modified the bar end mirrors by removing the expander plug on the mirror and then trimming the extension on the mirror itself so that it would fit flush with the end of the handlebar. Then i got some shorter allen key bolts and bolted the mirrors directly to the oem bar plugs. To me this makes the mirrors vibrate less and ensures and more secure mounting solution. It ended up looking real good the only gripe i have with the mirrors is they are a little small. I ended up going back to the stock mirrors for now.