Just bought my new FZ8 today!

Joe.kelsi

Hello to all fellow Fz8 owners!

I am so incredibly pleased to announce that I picked up my baby today! I had been researching some time and shopping around some time before finding the perfect deal!

Last week I contacted a dealer near my location and saw a 2011 Fz8 with 5600 miles on it that was going for 6499. I looked at the value of this bike and came to the conclusion via multiple sources it was truly worth about 5700 MAYBE 6k. Bone stock. no miles (not even really that clean). I tried to talk them down to roughly 5500 and they said they had ZERO wiggle room.

I went home instead of making an irrational decision while my fiance was saying "just look around some more".

WELL WELL WELL! I went home and JUST uploaded to a difference dealers website was a 2012 FZ8 BRAND NEW full warranty, .1 miles on it for 5900! I was in shock. I called the dealer and he said he had bought 4 of these directly from yamaha and still havent even been fully checked in. Put the deposit down. Paid for on saturday but due to rainy weather I decided to ride home today.

Initial thoughts: wow. What a smooth ride. Easy throttle. Perfect wait. Coming from a 2000 R6 over 5 years ago (without having a ride in the last 3 years) I can say this was the perfect mix of sport and comfort.

Up next: Ordered are parts for a fender eliminator kit (going to be doing somewhat of a DIY on this), led replacement bulbs, coffman exhaust, bar end mirrors and a tank guard. Keeping it simple for now!

Excited to be on the forms and looking forward to sharing more with you!

HeresMyMind

i just did the fender eliminator kit to mine, if u have any questions or want to see which one i bought or how it looks let me know! welcome to the club, (i got mine last thursday)

-B

moto873

Congrats on the bike dude, Just picked mine up this morning! I traded in my 2014 Star Bolt, really excited to get some miles on this bike!

stormin1

Well Done

Well done mate hope you enjoy seeing as though you are coming into some great riding weather your way, I would love to punt mine around the Cascades. Maybe next time I head to the US I will hop on one and go for a ride, again well done on your purchase.;)